Understanding Chicken Math

Pics
So yes. We can have. 4 chickens. So I bought 5 in case one died. They didn't say anything about ducks so I got two of them. Well one of the chicks turned out to be a roo. So he is going to a friends pen. So we will have 4 chickens and two ducks!!! Would love more!!!!

I have one roo, and five Pullets. I would love more, I want an Easter egger and ducks would be fun. Chicken math is gonna get me, then again, I've never been good with math..;)

Last edited:
The title of this thread is misleading and inaccurate. There IS no "understanding chicken math" - it's like a sunset or a mountain glen full of lupine and wild strawberries. The intelligent, adult side of you knows there's a reason for it, but the little kid in you just wants to take it all in and experience all it has to offer.

Ok that is an awesome looking bird!! I want some Cayuga ducks. Duck eggs are great for baking.

Well now that I have 23 chicks in the brooder I decided I'm at my chick limit. Thinking it was safe to go to the feed store with my dh due to him being adamant about "no more" I bravely walked past the chicks. That's when we saw Cayuga ducklings on sale. Still, I thought we were safe....until I heard him tell our 4 year old to pick out which 4-5 she wanted. Foul play, I tell you! Foul play! They are adorable though :)

Well now that I have 23 chicks in the brooder I decided I'm at my chick limit. Thinking it was safe to go to the feed store with my dh due to him being adamant about "no more" I bravely walked past the chicks. That's when we saw Cayuga ducklings on sale. Still, I thought we were safe....until I heard him tell our 4 year old to pick out which 4-5 she wanted. Foul play, I tell you! Foul play! They are adorable though
smile.png

LOL!!!

Back
Top Bottom