Underweight chicken

That isn't where fluid would accumulate. You need to check her belly, between her legs/under her vent.

Pull it at night. She won't eat or drink when it's dark and you don't want her eating and drinking before you get to her in the morning and have a chance to examine her crop.
Yup, crop didn’t empty. Thanks for recommending I check. I really appreciate it /g I’m about to go get her some yogurt, and add apple cider vinegar to her water as well as offering olive oil.

Update: I learned about doughy crop this morning, and I’m pretty sure that’s what she has rather than sour crop witch is what I deffered To thinking she had yesterday.

She didn’t like the vinigar water at all and was refusing to drink it so I went back to regular water anyway, the yogurt did seem to helpful and I’m not sure if it’s ok to give her food. her crop is gassy, but im assuming it’s because it’s a yeasty doughy crop.

but I went ahead and gave her the spices and lemon juice treatment today (gave her 1ml 3 times) and tonight her crop feels more like slime in a balloon rather than play dough. Also when I massaged her crop it wasn’t like working out little bubbles in play dough, rather it was more separated, there were larger gass bubbles, and after I massaged her crop gurgled a bit on its own. She does still seem a bit against drinking, but I’m pretty sure it’s because of the spice (I got a drop of it on my toung and Im not thrilled about drinking)

i was wondering if it’s ok to offer her milk? Or would that like deactivate the affect it has in her crop as well as the flavor? also what is it ok for me to feed her?

(if your interested here’s more on why I was skeptical of it being sour crop: she doesn’t have any liquid coming out of her mouth, her crop felt like play dough not really what I assume sour crop feels like, her breath only stinks if she burps, and yesterdays treatment was not helpful and today’s was. the only reason I’m not 100% sure she has doughy crop now is because it’s gassy. the only reasons I thought it was sour crop was because it’s not impacted or pendulous, it’s gassy, and when she burps it smells (though it doesn’t anymore)

also, the yellow has disappeared from her poop

Update: I learned about doughy crop this morning, and I’m pretty sure that’s what she has rather than sour crop witch is what I deffered To thinking she had yesterday.

She didn’t like the vinigar water at all and was refusing to drink it so I went back to regular water anyway, the yogurt did seem to helpful and I’m not sure if it’s ok to give her food. her crop is gassy, but im assuming it’s because it’s a yeasty doughy crop.

but I went ahead and gave her the spices and lemon juice treatment today (gave her 1ml 3 times) and tonight her crop feels more like slime in a balloon rather than play dough. Also when I massaged her crop it wasn’t like working out little bubbles in play dough, rather it was more separated, there were larger gass bubbles, and after I massaged her crop gurgled a bit on its own. She does still seem a bit against drinking, but I’m pretty sure it’s because of the spice (I got a drop of it on my toung and Im not thrilled about drinking)

i was wondering if it’s ok to offer her milk? Or would that like deactivate the affect it has in her crop as well as the flavor? also what is it ok for me to feed her?

(if your interested here’s more on why I was skeptical of it being sour crop: she doesn’t have any liquid coming out of her mouth, her crop felt like play dough not really what I assume sour crop feels like, her breath only stinks if she burps, and yesterdays treatment was not helpful and today’s was. the only reason I’m not 100% sure she has doughy crop now is because it’s gassy. the only reasons I thought it was sour crop was because it’s not impacted or pendulous, it’s gassy, and when she burps it smells (though it doesn’t anymore)

also, the yellow has disappeared from her poop
Good job.
Give her a very wet mash of her feed to eat.
Don't give her milk. Chickens don't have the ability to digest lactose.

Back
Top Bottom