Impacted crop on underweight hen

Ccort

Crowing
Dec 30, 2021
Kentucky, USA
I have an underweight hen who has an impacted crop. It's been impacted for three days. I am giving her a mix of probiotics/electrolytes with olive oil and water throughout the day and massaging the crop. I took away food.

I've added in a multivitamin and B complex. Food has been withheld for two days. Should I start giving her food? If so, what food? She is bony and has another health issue already.

How old is she?
What is the other health issue you mentioned?
When did you last deworm her?
When did she last lay an egg?

I would tube feed her some raw scrambled egg yolks with sugar to help with nutrition. And let her have some rough sand or graniite grit to help break down the impaction.

How old is she?
What is the other health issue you mentioned?
When did you last deworm her?
When did she last lay an egg?

I would tube feed her some raw scrambled egg yolks with sugar to help with nutrition. And let her have some rough sand or graniite grit to help break down the impaction.
A year and a half old.

She has torn ligaments in her leg and will not use the leg. It's been weeks now. :(

I dewormed early summer.

It's been a long while since she laid....after she injured her foot.

Do you keep her inhouse due to her injury?
What exactly have you been feeding her?
As she is not moving much because of her injured ligaments, she might not have ingested enough grit for proper digestion.

Try the raw egg yolks with sugar, here is how to tube feed:

Do you keep her inhouse due to her injury?
What exactly have you been feeding her?
As she is not moving much because of her injured ligaments, she might not have ingested enough grit for proper digestion.

Try the raw egg yolks with sugar, here is how to tube feed:

She is outdoors but in a smaller enclosed area.

She was on chicken feed but nothing the last two days until a little bit ago....she will eat but have been trying to clear the impaction. I gave her a raw egg.

Ive seen her taking in grit and can feel it in her crop.

She is outdoors but in a smaller enclosed area.

She was on chicken feed but nothing the last two days until a little bit ago....she will eat but have been trying to clear the impaction. I gave her a raw egg.

Ive seen her taking in grit and can feel it in her crop.
Hav you aadministered stool softener/lactose?

Back
Top Bottom