Underweight duck

I don't blame you for wanting her checked out. Let us know what the vet says. Are you adding any vitamins to her drinking water. Since she isn't eating much that may help keep her from getting too run down.

I don't blame you for wanting her checked out. Let us know what the vet says. Are you adding any vitamins to her drinking water. Since she isn't eating much that may help keep her from getting too run down.
Luckily one of my other girls is always trying to sit on petunias nest and I have had to separate them, so she can keep the nest arm while we are at the vet. 😊
I have added vitamins To the water 👍

We rang the vet today and their only available appointment was for tommorow at 6pm as the poultry vet wasn’t in today, but petunia was doing pretty well today (eating, drinking, preening and biting 😂) but her Carnicles on her face are a bit discoloured and she is still skinny but has kept her weight the same for the last couple of days wich is encouragin. I will still take her tommorow to be reassured, but am pleased with her today 😊!
sadly somehow my other girl who wants to be on the nest broke through to where petunia is and in trying to get on the nest she smashed one of the eggs 🙄. ( I have also decided to keep all the eggs as my Friend wants 2, my neighbour wants 2 and a friend of a friend has 7 ducks but wants to add a new breed so she wants 4 of the ducklings)! 😁👍

Sounds like you might need another broody lol . When they are broody their carnucles get pale. Once they start laying again they will get red again. Glad to hear she’s holding good now. Hope you get a good report tomorrow.

Any update on vet visit?
Hi, the vet said that her tummy is wrinkly because she is a bit dehydrated but said that she was pretty good apart from that. She has given me some special food to feed through a syringe as a last resort if she doesn’t want to eat for days at a time, but since making her drink more she seems to be less wrinkly and eating more😅. The vet told me to get on to duck websites and muscovy duck Facebook pages and I told her about backyard chickens and she is actually on here too! 😀

That’s great to hear she was just a little dehydrated. Hopefully she’ll continue to drink and pick up on eating. My girls when they are brooding come out a couple times a day but I don’t see them eating and drinking a lot. I just don’t think they feel they need it. I’m glad she is okay. When is hatch day?

That’s great to hear she was just a little dehydrated. Hopefully she’ll continue to drink and pick up on eating. My girls when they are brooding come out a couple times a day but I don’t see them eating and drinking a lot. I just don’t think they feel they need it. I’m glad she is okay. When is hatch day?
petunia is doing so well!!!!! eating and drinking well! I did have to take some of the eggs away as I couldn't find enough homes but the 8 she have are doing so well and developing and moving around nicely when candled. hatch day is 1st of September i think but I haven't kept exact amount of days she has been on them so could be a few more or less days : )

Back
Top Bottom