Underweight duck

Could it be where she has been plucking her feathers out for her nest? Only other thing I can think of is parasites but if she had mites I am pretty sure you’d have gotten them on you messing around in her nest.

Could it be where she has been plucking her feathers out for her nest? Only other thing I can think of is parasites but if she had mites I am pretty sure you’d have gotten them on you messing around in her nest.
I had a good look at her and it isn’t mites, her skin just seems really wrinkly. I am thinking about taking her to vet on Monday, otherwise I will just keep worrying.
I will try and get a better video

If you have a vet that will see her and it eases your mind then by all means take her. Is she eating okay? If you have some poultry vitamins I’d add some to her water.

If you have a vet that will see her and it eases your mind then by all means take her. Is she eating okay? If you have some poultry vitamins I’d add some to her water.
I have added the vitamins to her water and have a good vet nearby that we have gone to before so I think I will, but I will wait till Monday otherwise it will be double the price 😂. and she is eating well Compared to a week ago!

How is she doing today?
her skin still seems unusual. And she doesn’t want to eat that much! Her eggs are developing well. I realised that in Uk it is a bank holiday Monday so the vet was still going to be very exspencive today so am going tommorow X

I am pretty sure it’s just to do with the eggs and her wanting to stay on them but I just want to get her checked out in case.

Back
Top Bottom