Underweight duck

one of the ducklings has hatched, but I am worried about the other 6, they all pipped about 48 hours ago and haven't started to unzip yet. they are all cheeping from inside the egg, will i need to assist? They look shrink rapped I think but I could be wrong.
Hi, I decided to help a few of them out and they had absorbed their yolk and where definitely ready to come out. not sure why they couldn't unzip themselves, i am leaving the other 3 eggs as i can see some blood still and they are chewing so they are still absorbing the yolk but the 5 that are out are doing great and are starting to fluff up : )
when helping them i just took the top of and let them push themselves out when ready.

Hi, I decided to help a few of them out and they had absorbed their yolk and where definitely ready to come out. not sure why they couldn't unzip themselves, i am leaving the other 3 eggs as i can see some blood still and they are chewing so they are still absorbing the yolk but the 5 that are out are doing great and are starting to fluff up : )
when helping them i just took the top of and let them push themselves out when ready.
they are all out now and doing well. just needed a bit of help. i think they where all shrink rapped as yesterday when they where pipped petunia got of the nest for a break.

Attachments

• duckling.jpeg
    duckling.jpeg
    658.5 KB · Views: 3
How’s mama doing with them? And Congrats!!
this morning i went to check on mama and she was completely off the nest but her ducklings where still in the nest freezing. i tried putting her back on but she instantly ran back off. I have bring them inside to warm up and will set up a brooder after trying with mama again

Back
Top Bottom