Underweight Hen

weekakki

Hatching
5 Years
May 16, 2014
Hi looking for some advice, last couple of weeks I had a really ill hen who had worms. She looks to have gotten rid of the worms through giving her Flubenvet. She is now lots better and was out again with the others( who were also wormed)
My worry is that she is now not eating and is really underweight. I have separated her from the others as i felt she wasnt getting in to get enough food.

Can you tell me whats the best things to try and get her to eat to bulk her up again ? She wont eat her normal mix , or mealworms , she is eating some scrambled egg and drinking
Thanks in advance

Try to make sure you give her a well rounded diet of different foods, minerals and things. That is all I can think of, hope you get more help!
-Emma

Hi looking for some advice, last couple of weeks I had a really ill hen who had worms. She looks to have gotten rid of the worms through giving her Flubenvet. She is now lots better and was out again with the others( who were also wormed)
My worry is that she is now not eating and is really underweight. I have separated her from the others as i felt she wasnt getting in to get enough food.

Can you tell me whats the best things to try and get her to eat to bulk her up again ? She wont eat her normal mix , or mealworms , she is eating some scrambled egg and drinking
Thanks in advance

You could try to ferment her regular feed. There are two or three threads about it here and everyone who does it says the nutrients are more readily available, so it might help her recover her weight faster. The threads are long but the main one with 7000+ posts has a lot of good info on the first post or two. Good luck with her, Carrie

We had a sick hen and some one told me that sugar water makes them hungry. Maybe it would work for your hen? It is 1-2 tbls to 1 cup of water.

Back
Top Bottom