Unhappy Neighbors -What to do about our cat.

Quote:
X2. I went through this with my outdoor guy. If you build him a covered sandbox (or filled with whatever he likes) on a secluded edge of your property and confine him in that area for a while, in a few weeks/month he will likely learn to love it and it will become his place. Plant some well protected catnip there, give him a nice scratching log. Maybe the problem will be solved that way...
If not there are fence tops that you can put up that will discourage cat from leaving yard. They are essentially bird netting strung tight and horizontal on the inside of fence. He is a beautiful cat hopefully you can keep him. We have a manx too, they are personality plus.

Quote:
Can I come and live on your ranch with the cat?

yuckyuck.gif
Can't believe I missed that one. That's what happens when we get some sun in Oregon..... it sends our brains a little crazy!
lau.gif

Quote:
Haven't read all the replies yet, but maybe try to find him a home as a barn cat on a farm? His lack of litter box ettiquete would be overlooked but superior rodent skills would be an asset.

And I have to vouch for craigslist - to an extent. I found all my barn kitties there - I wanted to give homes to spayed and neutered cats that were running out of options. They now have a cozy new barn full of hay, a gravity feeder always full of cat food, and cuddles if they want them. And once I drove over an hour each way to adopt 2 neutered toms that were about to be put to sleep. They now happily rule my barn from the rafters.
wink.png
They lurk in the hay - we call it "death from above!". LOL So we do exist, and if you do your homework and get to know the people that offer to give him a home then using craigslist as an adoptive tool can work out.

Last edited:
Quote:
The problem is she lives in an HOA and it is against the rules to let her cat roam.

Exactly. I have signed papers saying I'll follow the by-laws of the HOA. I hated to move in here, but at the same time it was the best decision for our family.

Jamie, what part of Washington are you in? Im on the Kitsap Penninsula, and could use a good indoor outdoor cat up at my barn. If your not to far away I could give him a good home.

I did not read all the posts. He is gorgeous. Do you have a feed store that might take him? Like quite a few people put if I lived closer I would take him in a heartbeat. Cats will be cats. I firmly believe that. They are not dogs. Good luck and sending lots of hugs.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Quote:
Hi there, thanks so much for the offer, though I have to stress he's NOT an indoor cat at all. He will selectively use the litterbox at best. He does the most good for rodents and other pests if he's outside most all of the time. He loves to have a small dog house or dog crate with a blankent for the cold months, but other than that he really doens't even enjoy being inside. I'd still love to know if you are interested though!
smile.png
Oh, I am in Port Orchard.

Quote:
Hi there, thanks so much for the offer, though I have to stress he's NOT an indoor cat at all. He will selectively use the litterbox at best. He does the most good for rodents and other pests if he's outside most all of the time. He loves to have a small dog house or dog crate with a blankent for the cold months, but other than that he really doens't even enjoy being inside. I'd still love to know if you are interested though!
smile.png

OH! Your only about 30 minutes from me! He wouldnt be an indoor house kitty at all really. He would have a 4 stall barn, with large storage room, Even larger feed room, and a tack room to roam through, plus the expanse of rafters to play in. For the most part he would have 24/7 access to the feed room. I could easily supply him with a crate or something to sleep in or on. Let me double check and make sure I can still have a cat up at the barn. Lord knows I need one. Would love to not have to place out poison anymore. Cats are just much nicer than ugly black packages of green death pellets...

Oh by the way, Im very near Kingston.

Quote:
smile.png

OH! Your only about 30 minutes from me! He wouldnt be an indoor house kitty at all really. He would have a 4 stall barn, with large storage room, Even larger feed room, and a tack room to roam through, plus the expanse of rafters to play in. For the most part he would have 24/7 access to the feed room. I could easily supply him with a crate or something to sleep in or on. Let me double check and make sure I can still have a cat up at the barn. Lord knows I need one. Would love to not have to place out poison anymore. Cats are just much nicer than ugly black packages of green death pellets...

Oh by the way, Im very near Kingston.

Thats perfect. If you can have him I can meet you...say half way in Silverdale? He's really talented with the rats/mice. Idk how many times I found half eaten carcasses outside our porch....sometimes he'd give me a two 'fer deal and there'd be a mouse and a rat, or a mole and a snake...LOL

PM me for details....I will be available for a drop off Wednesday through the weekend.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom