Unique Olive Eggs F/S - MS/LA border

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruth

Life is a Journey
12 Years
Jul 8, 2007
Woodville, MS
I've had numerous inquires, most offering "good money" to buy my olive eggs. I am now offering them at $100 per dozen, including shipping. The first eggs can go out next week and I can take a short waiting list after that.

Pictures of the eggs:

greeneggsandham1.jpg

greeneggsandham2.jpg

todayseggs1.jpg

The chicks that just hatched from them:

oliveeggerchick1.jpg

oliveeggerchick2.jpg

oliveeggerchicks.jpg

The chicks look like either Blue Marans or Black Copper Marans. All chicks have feathered legs. I'm wondering if this will turn out to be a sex-link trait because with their parents, the blues all turned out to be female and the blacks males - but time will tell.

The Mothers (Fathers are pure BCMs)

boe3.jpg

boe1.jpg

boe4.jpg

The grandmother is a Blue EE who lays a large light blue/green egg. The grandfathers were pure BCM roos.

Paypal is [email protected]

Be the first (after me) to have chickens that lay these beautiful dark green eggs. Remember when BC Marans eggs were selling for several hundred dollars a dozen simply because people wanted the beautiful dark brown eggs?

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks. I was lucky - these are the first eggs from the offspring of my EE/BCM crosses. I hope to keep getting them darker by breeding the chicks back to a BCM roo.

It'll be fun to see what color the second generation of eggs will be.

Stunning! I have 3 eggs in the bator due Saturday and I'm done for the year. Come spring though I could very well be in the market for some of these eggs. They're absolutely gorgeous and I would love to add this color to my egg basket.

Beautiful I am glad that I got my olive egger hen by accident
tongue.png
She is a BCM x bbs Ameraucana she lays beautiful eggs just like these I just hatched a chicks from her with a bbs ameraucana cockeral so its the oposite cross your making if the chicks is a pullet when she starts laying and developes a bit more I will tell you what she looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom