Unofficial Poll- What comes first, the chicken, or the egg?

What comes first, the chicken or the egg?

• The chicken!

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • The egg!

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • Other explanation

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • I have no idea!

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The rooster?

Votes: 9 16.7%

• Total voters
Pics
😏Mhhmm ..sure lol . I don't think one cell could reproduce by it's self . Just my thoughts !
It's not reproducing in that way. It's like cloning itself. Each time the cell divides, it's an exact genetic copy except over the course of millions of years random "hiccups" happen. Only the strongest, best adapted hiccups continue and become more complex leading to life as we know it.

It's not reproducing in that way. It's like cloning itself. Each time the cell divides, it's an exact genetic copy except over the course of millions of years random "hiccups" happen. Only the strongest, best adapted hiccups continue and become more complex leading to life as we know it.
So...a hiccup fertilized it ? Lol great theory 🤣😂 I love it ! Lol

Yes why ?

Because it shows how traits that aren't even selected for can crop up out of nowhere. They bred foxes for exclusive purpose of being more human-sociable and got all sort of crazy traits like changes in fur color, curly tails, mismatched eyes and floppy ears. The ones selected for exclusively aggression developed none of those traits.

Imagine if we started selecting for something that looks - and acts! - like a dinosaur and it developed traits we weren't expecting and started to take on a more dinosaur like appearance naturally.

Personally, if I were trying to create a dinosaur from chickens I'd focus on the posture and keel size first. Plus a more aggressive behavior.

😏Mhhmm ..sure lol . I don't think one cell could reproduce by it's self . Just my thoughts !

Have you heard of diatoms? Like Diatomacious earth? They're single celled organisms that absorb enough food that they just get big and split apart. You probably know people who dust their coops with the bodies of all those single celled creatures. XD

If you have a good microscope you can even watch it happen yourself! It takes a long time though. Like hours.

I have no idea what this means, and am totally confused, but ya! When I ask the question what cam first, I didn't think it would get this serious! :lau :gig :lau :gig :lau :gig

I have no idea what this means, and am totally confused, but ya! When I ask the question what cam first, I didn't think it would get this serious! :lau :gig :lau :gig :lau :gig

Little did you know you asked a question about science and evolution. XD

Here's a video of the end of a single celled organism dividing. :D It's SUPER cool. Science is cool.

Back
Top Bottom