UNPLUGGED FOR 6 HOURS......HELP!!

Cpolanco3

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 14, 2013
~~ I need help and advice.... See, I had them come out and clean my carpets today. Well, the guy tripped something and I haven't been able to get the electric back up against that side of the living room and reseting my electric panel isn't helping. I just realized about 5 minutes ago that my incubator was plugged in on that side. The babies were unplugged since about noon. Does this mean that I need to toss them? I'm so upset! Claudia

Do not toss them. Plug into a working outlet, and all should be fine. If viable the eggs should still hatch. Possibly they may be delayed a short bit, but should still hatch.

okay. I moved them to the kitchen as soon as I realized my mistake.... they'll be there until tomorrow when I move them back to their undisturbed spot. Thank you for your quick reply.

Claudia

I candled all the eggs tonight and i can clearly see that i have progress in 2 of the eggs, but in the other 13 there isn't anything. It just looks like regular eggs. i don't see anything at all.

How depressing.

claudia

How long have they been incubating? My advice would be to leave them until the end until they start to stink. I've had brown eggs that I couldn't see anything from candling, but they still hatched. Only at lock down do I toss completely clear eggs -- and then only if I'm absolutely sure!

As far as the power being off, I wouldn't worry about that affecting the eggs either way. My broody hen once left eggs for a full 24 hours (fighting with another broody over her eggs) and they still hatched - just a day late.
smile.png

Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom