Unusual chick here? Any ideas to breed?

Kbruce

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 28, 2011
North Carolina
This chick was hatched about 3 wks ago from an assortment of breeds hatching eggs of Cochin serama frizzle bantams but this one looks so different just not sure what she can be? She has the most feathers on her feet and brown around eyes... If anyone has a guess please let me know or is she too young to tell? Thanks Kbruce

Last edited:
It looks like it has the dark skin of a silkie. Did they have silkies where you got them? Does it have extra toes? My first guess was a silkie/cochin mix. Whatever it is, its adorable!

mix probably...i think she might be a he since there is already a tent of red on the comb but it is to young to tell for sure

I have 8 that hatched and it looks like 2 serama they are the smallest no foot feathers. One is a black frizzle. They all have 4 toes The rsst all have feathered feet and are either black, gray or white but this is the only chick with different color feathers and the brwnn eyes. I'm sure it's Cochin mix but not sure what? They did have silkies from where the eggs came from but none look like silkies.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom