Unusual Request

Thanks for the prayers. Believe me I need and believe in prayer.

Wife isn't a Gritch. She's a very sought-after artist. In three galleries in Oklahoma City and one in Amarillo, TX. :eek: Two of the three in Okla City are COOPS and she has to work her share of time in them. She paints 24/7 and is like a Tiger tearing into a carcass when she's at the easel. Did I mention she's busy????? I get it...........I don't like it when she pulls me away from my knife-making to do something. I'm sure she's not tickled she's going to have to get up at 3 am to get to take me to the surgery and as far as the chicks go, I think she's concerned she'll have to tend to them for a couple of days instead of getting ready for the next "show". She will end up naming them, each and every one and will be glad to play with them......when her time allows.

Last edited:
Murray McMurray sent me an email earlier this week saying my chickies would be shipping the week of April 3rd. Said they'd ship on the 3rd, 4th or 5th. A couple of weeks ago I was scheduled for a two-eye surgery. Surgeon is going to cut the muscles in both eyes and realign things. And, of course, it turns out the surgery is on the 5th of April !!!!!! I contacted Murray McMurray to see if they could hold the shipment until the 5th so the chicks would arrive a few days after my surgery for sure. They said no. Guess you can't control mother nature, right????? So I might be stumbling around with two eye patches on trying to take care of chicks.

Okay, my unusual request. I believe heavily in the power of prayer so I'm asking everyone I know to pray that my chickies don't leave the hatchery until the 5th of April. 🐤 Since we are all comrades in this chicken "thing" I'm asking the same of all of you...............if you're the prayin' type. Would be much appreciated. :clap
Praying for you, Chickenman623, for a successful surgery a quick and full recovery and also for the later arrival of your chick babies. God bless.

Well............my surgery is only 6 days away and counting. I have no idea how long my sight will cause me problems afterwards. I sure hope it won't be too long. I do know I won't be allowed to lift weights for at least two weeks, so no trips to the gym. Have all their feed, grit and shell bags in a plastic 55 gal drum so the mice can't get to any of it. Got my "starter box" all set up and have the feeder filled........along with the oyster shell and grit feeders. Lined the bottom of the box with wood chips like I used last time. Bought a little "trainer" perch to let them get used to sitting on a perch next to each other. So guess I'm all ready for them. I didn't want to have to lift anything after the surgery to get them started. All I'll have to do is pick them up from the Post Office and put them in the box. The last time I did this, I purchased a 400 gallon horse watering tank to start them in. I was starting 24 chicks. My plan was to get them started and then put the tank on the back porch and plumb it for a "Cowboy Hot-tub". (I did and it worked great for two people.) This time I'm using a Sterilite box, 16x36x18 deep. I figure about the time they get crowded in there it'll be time to transfer them to the enclosed coop. I'm really getting excited. I miss having chickie-girls on the property.

I'm still soliciting prayers they don't arrive before Thursday of next week. :thumbsup

Thanks for all the prayers...................they worked. (of course!) Surgery is in the morning and I've still not received any notification from MM Hatchery that my chickie-girls have shipped. (Surely they wouldn't notify me this late in the day, would they?) So I know for certain the Post Office won't be calling tomorrow, which would be most inconvenient. And if they ship tomorrow I know they won't be here at least until after Thursday. Great sigh of relief on my part. Appreciate each and every one of you who took the time to bow in prayer for me. :thumbsup

Didn't hear from Murray McMurray that they had shipped, but I was still in bed from this surgery and got a phone call from the Post Office this morning. Chicks arrived. Got up, got dressed and went into town and got them. One had died unfortunately. Sad. They are such sweet little things. Anyway, everyone is where they should be at the moment and the journey has started. Thanks for all the prayers.

Thanks for the kind thoughts. Today is the first day I've been able to see well enough to use the computer or make telephone calls. My drive to the Post Office wasn't necessarily as safe as it could be, but I made it. Litte wife is working at the gallery today and so I was on my own. Remaining chickies all seem quite content and I've not seen any protest signs yet so guess I got them all set up to their satisfaction. 🐥🐤

Back
Top Bottom