Unusual type of breathing

O my goodness! I didn’t expect so many answers, YOU are amazing people, thank you so much for your all reply.

As of right now, I keep all my chicks in the house in room temperature, however they do have a heat plate if they want to use it. I don’t think it’s because she is too warm as someone mentioned on here.

These aren’t my first chicks that I’m raising in the house for their first few weeks of life, but I have never seen this type of breathing in any of the chicks that I had before.
Also she is puffing her cheeks from both sides when breathing, she is drinking, eating, pooping and behaving as a normal healthy chick.

She is one of my favourite chicks, no matter what I will give her the best life possible. To be honest all my chickens are spoiled, and treated like my kids.

I appreciate all of your answers, thank you again :hugs

Greetings from the UK

The chick will be just fine, both sides puffing is expected with one fully functional nostril. If you look closely one side will puff a little more that is the defect side. One little thing i'll tell you now so you don't worry later. Some air actually escapes through the eye corner especially if there is nasal congestion and you may see a bubble or two on the eye corner. It is very odd looking so i'm telling you now.:)

Back
Top Bottom