unwanted company :-/

Kacey52

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 27, 2012
Mice. Is there anything I can do to get rid of them? They seem to LOVE duck food
sad.png

On my game camera I see them at night getting any left over food the flock dropped on the ground, I don't see how we can get rid of them other than poison and I will not use it, I just hope something further up the food chain will come along and get some of them, at least I haven't seen evidence they are in my houses. Are you seeing them in the daytime, maybe you need a good mouse catcher. [Cat]

After a lot of trial and error I found these traps and think they are really wonderful. Work great and are easy to reset. I just put a dap on peanut butter on them and BAM.

http://www.amazon.com/Kness-SNAP-E-...d=1349799672&sr=8-1&keywords=mouse+traps+snap

The tricky part is finding a way to place them where they will attract mice but your ducks/chickens/dogs/anythings won't also get hurt.

I tried a lot of humane traps with no success and was too afraid to use poison with all of the animals roaming my yard.

I am seeing them during the day
hmm.png
They're very bold!! I'm trying to keep the food picked up, like feed the ducks twice a day ad then bring whatever is left in the dish back in the house, but there's always some left on the ground so I'm thinking it will still attract them. I'm afraid my neighbors will get upset if they see them
sad.png

I am seeing them during the day
hmm.png
They're very bold!! I'm trying to keep the food picked up, like feed the ducks twice a day ad then bring whatever is left in the dish back in the house, but there's always some left on the ground so I'm thinking it will still attract them. I'm afraid my neighbors will get upset if they see them
sad.png
you have a Maine Coon does it go out among your ducks?

Not really, he's an indoor cat. He does go out on a tie out. I could maybe hook his leash to the duck pen. See if he can take care of some of them
wink.png

After a lot of trial and error I found these traps and think they are really wonderful. Work great and are easy to reset. I just put a dap on peanut butter on them and BAM.

http://www.amazon.com/Kness-SNAP-E-...d=1349799672&sr=8-1&keywords=mouse+traps+snap

The tricky part is finding a way to place them where they will attract mice but your ducks/chickens/dogs/anythings won't also get hurt.

I tried a lot of humane traps with no success and was too afraid to use poison with all of the animals roaming my yard.
I could maybe put the traps under the duck house. No one else can fit under there. I was just afraid they'd keep coming, but maybe I can get rid of the ones in this area? Might be worth a try. Thanks.

Not really, he's an indoor cat. He does go out on a tie out. I could maybe hook his leash to the duck pen. See if he can take care of some of them
wink.png
What you need is a cat that would be like a barn cat, lives with your outdoor animals and would take care of the vermin you'd still feed it but it would mostly hunt for mice etc.

Back
Top Bottom