unwanted company :-/

Too well fed I'm guessing ;)
:yuckyuck He is a heavy boy! Very docile and laid back. He's actually afraid of the chickens, and I feel comfortable enough to leave chicks in a playpen without a cover and him not touch a feather (or fuzz) on their fluffy heads.
IMG_5453.jpg
IMG_5427.jpg
He automatically keeps his eyes very squinted. He is afraid they will peck him in the eyes.

Last edited:
Have you considered some chickens? I don't know about everyone else's chickens, but mine are little dino-raptors! lol... They take care of any mice or voles (not moles) that come into my yard! One quick grab-n-shake...broken, dead mousie! They don't eat them (I've seen vids of that on YouTube tho), but they do kill them. I've told my DH, I feel bad for any mice that brave it to come in our yard! :D

Have you considered some chickens? I don't know about everyone else's chickens, but mine are little dino-raptors! lol... They take care of any mice or voles (not moles) that come into my yard! One quick grab-n-shake...broken, dead mousie! They don't eat them (I've seen vids of that on YouTube tho), but they do kill them. I've told my DH, I feel bad for any mice that brave it to come in our yard! :D
Mine eat and kill them if they can. My feeding station is away from their main coop, so it doesn't help. I use garbage cans with lids to keep the critters out.

Have you considered some chickens? I don't know about everyone else's chickens, but mine are little dino-raptors! lol... They take care of any mice or voles (not moles) that come into my yard! One quick grab-n-shake...broken, dead mousie! They don't eat them (I've seen vids of that on YouTube tho), but they do kill them. I've told my DH, I feel bad for any mice that brave it to come in our yard!
big_smile.png

Dino-raptors! YAY! ChickensRDinos approves of this message.
wee.gif

Mine love to eat mice. They keep out of the coop all on their own.

yuckyuck.gif

He is a heavy boy! Very docile and laid back. He's actually afraid of the chickens, and I feel comfortable enough to leave chicks in a playpen without a cover and him not touch a feather (or fuzz) on their fluffy heads.
IMG_5453.jpg

IMG_5427.jpg

He automatically keeps his eyes very squinted. He is afraid they will peck him in the eyes.
Aww he;'s a pretty boy.

there are box (metal) style mouse traps that are multi catch and spring loaded. they catch  quite a few mice before full.
I've never heard of this. I googled it and this is what it looks like for those who are interested. Is there any that kill them instantly?

Metal Mouse Trap

• Traps over a dozen mice
  • Child and pet safe
  • Use again and again
  • Chemical free
  • Easy to use - no set up assembly required
  • Can be used with glue trap or as live catch trap
  • Glue trap included

Last edited:
Occasionally I get mice in our duck run and I use a small Hav-A-Heart Trap to catch them and release them down the road. I live out in the woods so I'm not dumping them on anyone else. We still can't figure out where the little guys are coming in. I've inspected every inch of that run, and I have hardware cloth buried under the perimeter of the run to keep things from digging in, but they still show up. I've never had them in our chicken run, though.

Occasionally I get mice in our duck run and I use a small Hav-A-Heart Trap to catch them and release them down the road.  I live out in the woods so I'm not dumping them on anyone else.  We still can't figure out where the little guys are coming in.  I've inspected every inch of that run, and I have hardware cloth buried under the perimeter of the run to keep things from digging in, but they still show up.  I've never had them in our chicken run, though. 
They probably come from where you've dumped them :oops:

I owned mice growing up as pets. My father released a few in a field a decent distance away, and they returned.

Back
Top Bottom