Unwanted Guest

This evening one of her birds wandered over to graze with our girls and when it was scratch time, followed our flock into the pen. I waited until roost time to go remove her...she had made herself right at home on the top roost.
So she grazes with your girls, has been in your pen and roosted in the coop. Anything she might have , your flock has already been exposed to. Talk to the neighbor, sounds like she doesn't care about them anyway, maybe she'll give you both of them.

well seems how she went to roost with yours after spending the day with em if she had anything they would have already been exposed to it.

I would talk to the neighbor and offer to take them in if the one is so hell bent on joining your flock, it might actually be a relief to her as she doesn't seem to care about the flock. the others have offered some great suggestions on how to approach her about it

I would laugh if they had moved in hidden and been living at your place for safety, that might be why your girls so readily accepted

Ha!!! That would be a hoot if they were all alive somewhere just waiting to make the move.
Ooooh .... I can see it now .... they weren't chicken carry-out for the neighborhood fauna. They've been hiding in the woods with secret broody nests. You just wait .... they'll all show up with a dozen chicks in tow ... EACH!
Bwaa Haa Haa Haa Haaaaaa!

Ooooh .... I can see it now .... they weren't chicken carry-out for the neighborhood fauna. They've been hiding in the woods with secret broody nests. You just wait .... they'll all show up with a dozen chicks in tow ... EACH!
Bwaa Haa Haa Haa Haaaaaa!

No doubt. You know what they say, "no good deed goes unpunished!" :lau

Back
Top Bottom