UPCOMING MINNESOTA POULTRY SWAPS These are for 2009- all over with!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had the resources to do so i'd have one here once a month LOL

ETA: the number to the federated co op in isanti is 763-444-5561
the addy is 303 Dahlin Ave Isanti Mn 55040

Last edited:
Did anyone make it to Hutchinson or New Praugue this morning? Any good deals?
big_smile.png

That's great.
My sisters, one neice and I are heading down to New Ulm tonight. Thought we would make a girls weekend of it. I'll let you know what we find.
big_smile.png

I went to the Hutchinson Swap, it was the first one I have ever been to so I don't know what to expect. I was hoping to see more different types of birds there, but, there were an awful lot of pigeons, there were also some quail, peafowl, some call ducks ( not a lot), one Cayuga female ( looked like a blue to my untrained eye, but, they called her a black). Like 2 Salmon Favorelles, some Marans ( maybe 4) a couple of Buff Orp roosters, an Australorp pair, couple of Brahmas, someone brought a load of Sex-link hens and pullets (when I say load, I mean load had to have been 100 birds stuffed in there!
That was about it for chickens though, I didn't see a single Cochin, or Wyandotte, or Silkie...
There were several people with non bird critters though, a couple of ferrets that were the cutest things! Couple of goats, several kennels of dogs ( pups) many rabbits, rats, hamsters, and guinea pigs.
I bought nothing, I didn 't think there were any terrific deals for me.

Just made it back from New Ulm. All I got was another serama hen.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
They were selling a pair but my niece wanted the rooster, which was just fine with me. She ended up with that rooster, some oegs and some sebrights. My one sister got another trio of peafowl (young ones again), a call duck and a couple of chickens. My other sister didn't buy anything, we all had a blast though.
lol.png
Lots and lots of laughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom