Upcycled Chicken Feed Bag bags (pic heavy)

How many bags to get you to make one for me?? They are great!!
Awwww!! Thanks everyone! I will try to get some instructions together. A large amount depends on the bag you are cutting from, so I'll probably post a few variations once I get some pictures of the next bags being cut. I would definitely consider a trade of good condition bags for a finished tote, I don't have that many chickens, so we don't go through bags that fast
tongue.png

Is there a pattern online for these? My sister has recently started carrying around the grocery-type bags you buy at the store but i think she'd like one like this!

I've got a bunch of extra light blue & some orange feed bags, maybe i should send them to you
tongue.png

Last edited:
I'm a bag sewing fool too! I don't line them because I use them for grocery totes and don't need a lining. These things will hold a ton of groceries and never even think about ripping or tearing. I wait until I gather 10-20 of them and then over a weekend have a bag sewing marathon.

Last edited:
what a great idea! I've just started making the bags out of the plastic feed bags, but didn't think to put fabric liners inside...will try that next. They're such great uses for all these bags I go thru!
Lisa

Some feed bags are paper(these would be no good for this project) & other bags are like weaved plastic material. My feed bags are plastic, but very plain, just color and writing no pretty pictures :(

What makes the bags so shiney? Is this the way the bags are made when the feed comes in them or has something been put on them?

Thanks for the explanation. I think I must have the plain ole ugly sacks and paper sacks too
hit.gif

Some feed bags are paper(these would be no good for this project) & other bags are like weaved plastic material. My feed bags are plastic, but very plain, just color and writing no pretty pictures :(

Back
Top Bottom