***UPDATE...ALL DEAD :( ***Female duck went missing, now what??

Oh my, that's awful! They were so cute. I hope you don't give up on ducks. Next time, you know to fortify their living area against coyotes.

I've noticed that sometimes a single coyote will go out and find a food source and then, later, they will bring their mate or the rest of the family or pack back to get whatever they can.

I had three ducks leave for 2 days but they came back.
hugs.gif
Just hold on and hopefully she is will come back. Some times it can be REALLY annoying!
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Aww, so very sorry. What a horrible thing. I hope you can get some more some day. Yours were beautiful. May they rest in peace.

Thank you everyone
hugs.gif
I will never give up on ducks, they are magical and lovely creatures and I am blessed for the time I had with them. I will need to wait for now until after the baby comes, end of March, and we can the readdress the duck enclosure in the summer (the Portland rains don't allow for much in the fall/winter).

desertdarlene - I now think that that is exactly what happened....

Thanks again for the kind words everyone!!!

I am so sorry
sad.png
, I had this happen with my chickens. Fox came and took one during the day and then a week later came back with her kits, it is an awful feeling when you find that all are gone. So sorry you are having to deal with this loss.

I just wanted to send you hugsssss. We lost about 70 birds this summer due to predators. They wiped out some of my best flocks. It won't happen again. We found where we were lax but its horrible.

I'm glad that you're not going to give up. I agree that ducks are magical! Good luck!

Laurie

Back
Top Bottom