UPDATE!caught on cam, coyote or fox or??? UPDATE w/ PIC Post #132!!!!!

Quote:
Nope. check the tails. Plus in OP's the animal is running/ turning in such a way as you are looking at it's underside--tough to tell either the leg length or ears.

Last edited:
noodleroo wrote:
Chupacabra!!!

Ha, ha, ha!!!
lau.gif
Love it!​

Quote:
I know the animal in my photos is a fox--I have about a dozen pics of him as he shows up every night--but my point is the photo of OP's is exactly the same kind of animal--running the same and holding tail the same as the first photo of mine. It just caught the animal turning away from the camera so you can't make out the head or most of the body--the telltale sign is the way it is carrying it's tail. A coyote doesn't run with it's tail straight out--at least the dozen or so I've seen in the wild haven't and most were in the process of running.

It just seemed to me that the one in the OP's pic. had longer legs than a fox-----based on where his belly is in comparison to the ground. But I will admit, I have never seen a coyote in the process of running-----only walking away from me across a field, or standing on the side of the road.

Quote:
I had a close encounter with a coyote a few years ago. I was dove hunting and walking down to the area I was going to hunt. I was walking pretty fast and it was a windy day. The trail was next to a tree line with the clearing parallel to my right. Apparently, the coyote wasn't paying any more attention than I was as we met at a 90 degree angle; him comming from the trees and brush. Anyway, we litterally almost ran into each other (I think he actually stepped on my foot) and both did some back-peddeling, flailing of limbs and a big audible deep breath. He ran back into the brush and I was laughing so hard; I still giggle when I think about it today...

My opinion is that its a coyote, mainly because it appears to be much to thick in the shoulders and to long legged to be a fox. Here in Wisconsin our yotes are pretty big and thick and carry their tales however they want to.

Back
Top Bottom