Update chicken not walking

Luckysutton

In the Brooder
Oct 30, 2020
Update: my chicken has still not been walking, gave her some rooster booster and nutri-drench also treated her with diatomaceous earth she did have mites but I think it might be something wrong with her back she only lays on her left side and getting sores on her pelvic bone and when I lay her on her back her chest to her pelvic is not lined up she also twitches more than moves really and can only move to the right like in a circle ....think we might have to put her down, any advise let me know!
Advise please!!! I noticed my chicken was not walking the other day she will not move her legs at all but her head is still moving around and she is drinking and eating still any idea what this could be??

What is the best way to put a bird down?
that’s a matter of personal preference. i have helped harvest meat birds since i was able to walk...so...i would just use a stump of wood with two nails in it and a hatchet...but those were chickens meant for meat and not a “pet.” it’s different if you have a special bond with any animal. if budget, within reason, is less of a concern, I am sure a vet could take care of it.

I learned how to put birds to sleep this summer. Youtube has many videos on the Broomstick method. I had a really hard time crossing the bridge the first time but my hen was like yours, almost like a paraplegic and couldn't move. I knew I was doing the right thing. Give her hugs and kisses, take care of business then have a good tall bourbon. Good luck.

that’s a matter of personal preference. i have helped harvest meat birds since i was able to walk...so...i would just use a stump of wood with two nails in it and a hatchet...but those were chickens meant for meat and not a “pet.” it’s different if you have a special bond with any animal. if budget, within reason, is less of a concern, I am sure a vet could take care of it.
Thanks 😊

I learned how to put birds to sleep this summer. Youtube has many videos on the Broomstick method. I had a really hard time crossing the bridge the first time but my hen was like yours, almost like a paraplegic and couldn't move. I knew I was doing the right thing. Give her hugs and kisses, take care of business then have a good tall bourbon. Good luck.
Thanks my husband said he will do it for me and I will look up that method, sorry your bird went through this too 😕

Back
Top Bottom