UPDATE Day 15 ..Just candled!

Also, I am confused, are all your eggs on the same day? Do you have more than one bator?
Krista

85 is way to high, take out some of the water and try to get it down to 60-65. if it stays that high the chicks might drown in there egg before they get to hatch !!!

DAY 21! ok guys last night I went on the web and read some more about hatching..It said 65 or higher..so what i did was I went and opened the two oxygen holes I had made (it stressed I needed to open all oxygen holes at hatching) This brought my hummdity down to 65 which is where it is now...while I was doing this i heard a lot of peeping going on and thought i saw an egg or two wiggle....It's 5:30 am, just cked the eggs...

I HAVE 3 PIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

clap.gif

ya.gif

The largest hole is in one of the Huge Astrolorp eggs and I can tell its going to be a black chick..One of the others is in one of the white eggs and another in light brown egg...IM SO EXCITED!!! and HAPPY! I know i shouldnt be yet because they are not out of the woods yet..but I can't help it!
On day 5 we had a bad storm here (we frequently have those in summer) during the night and the electricity was knocked out for who knows how many hours..When I woke up the temp in the bator was 60 degrees! I just KNEW they were all ruined! but it came back on shortly after and it didnt take long to get it back up to 100 after that...I guess the hatch gods were smiling.
smile.png

I have 3 different set of eggs in this bator..the first set hatching today is the Astrolorp, RIR, EE, and who knows what else that i got from Joann's neighbor. 13 eggs left in this one. The second hatch is 12 Conturix Quail eggs that are suppose to hatch next friday, The next hatch are the 11 Eggs I got from Pidgey that are suppose to hatch the following friday. The tuesday after that I have 3 Pheasent eggs that are suppose to hatch...Its going to be a busy month for me...3 fridays in a row eggs hatching...

DAY 21

Egg #2 600 PM- White egg hatched a very spunky gold chick..im going to name her/ him councelor because she began walking right away and walked around peepin at each pipped egg encouraging them to come out

Egg #3- 645 pm- Large beige color egg- got to watch chicken number three hatch..a gorgeouse stiped gold, brown chick with beautiful black showgirl eyeliner..will name her Betty Davis

Egg #4- 724 pm- Large brown egg--black chick with white tips...gonna call this one procrastinator..because she pipped 12 hours ago and just hatched

4 eggs pipping right now..the other white egg, the EE egg and two brown eggs..4 still waiting...

Stay tuned..

Around Midnight: Egg #5- looks like RIR hatched from brown egg

Last edited:
day 22

#6 came out between 3-5 am this morning. Still have 4 more pips. This one came out of the remaining white mystery egg.
the remaining 3 eggs are not pipped and make no sounds movements, I think these may not hatch. but 10 out of 13 fertil eggs isnt bad I dont think..Especially for the first run on a homemade bator,

Back
Top Bottom