*Update* Looking for feedback from sellers and buyers of eggs.

Update....I again offered to send more eggs but not a refund. She then proceeded to tell me now that she doesn't think the chicks are Silkies (even though she said they were Silkies at hatch) She said they don't look like the pics of my birds in the add, and I told her of course they don't...they are only 4 weeks old. She also said they are all non bearded. I have one non bearded pullet in my flock. She isn't laying yet, so I know that's bs. Then she threatened to post everywhere that I am a scammer. Threatening me is definitely not going to get you squat. I told her I stand by my birds and eggs and go ahead and say I'm a scammer. I feel like she is the one scamming me.
Totally trying to scam you!!!! Thats an excellent hatch! We had 28 goose eggs shipped.... All failed! Over 500 worth....i never even thought about asking for a refund. I knew the extreme risk i was taking when ordering them!

Update....I again offered to send more eggs but not a refund. She then proceeded to tell me now that she doesn't think the chicks are Silkies (even though she said they were Silkies at hatch) She said they don't look like the pics of my birds in the add, and I told her of course they don't...they are only 4 weeks old. She also said they are all non bearded. I have one non bearded pullet in my flock. She isn't laying yet, so I know that's bs. Then she threatened to post everywhere that I am a scammer. Threatening me is definitely not going to get you squat. I told her I stand by my birds and eggs and go ahead and say I'm a scammer. I feel like she is the one scamming me.
I think you should stop going back in forth with her.
Just drop it at this point.
Some people like to argue just for the sake of arguing.

Some people are just ridiculous to deal with and want anything and everything for free, no matter what they have to do to get it. I've never dealt with shipped/shipping eggs yet, though we eventually want to get into shipping eggs once we get more established. It sounds like she got a great hatch, and a bonus chicken! If she leaves a bad review somewhere, I would just comment back on it and explain what you did to make it / try to make it right.

I'm looking for advice and feedback. I sold some Silkie/Showgirl eggs for $45 a dozen and shipping was included. The buyer got 14 or 15. 7 eggs hatched...5 were Silkies,another was a Silkie but had light skin and had only 4 toes on one foot (I have Satin Showgirls with light pigmentation) one egg did hatch out a Cochin. So 6 Silkie/Showgirl chicks and one Cochin. I appoligzed about the Cochin and said I would send some more eggs later when I got caught up. Now she is demanding a full refund. Having 6 hatch is pretty good for shipped eggs IMO. I don't give refunds and I did offer to replace the eggs. I'd like feedback from buyers and sellers. Personally, I would be happy 5 hatched if I was the buyer. But as the seller, I can't see justifying a refund when there were 6 chicks that hatched. What do you guys think. (And it wasn't a sale on here or anything) :)

I purchased a dozen turkey eggs for $40 and 5 hatched healthy and another 2 hatched and died but I still considered it good because I figured the poults were worth $10 or more each so I got my money back. Everyone has a different opinion though. I did let the supplier know how I did but I didn't ask for a refund or more eggs.

I'm looking for advice and feedback. I sold some Silkie/Showgirl eggs for $45 a dozen and shipping was included. The buyer got 14 or 15. 7 eggs hatched...5 were Silkies,another was a Silkie but had light skin and had only 4 toes on one foot (I have Satin Showgirls with light pigmentation) one egg did hatch out a Cochin. So 6 Silkie/Showgirl chicks and one Cochin. I appoligzed about the Cochin and said I would send some more eggs later when I got caught up. Now she is demanding a full refund. Having 6 hatch is pretty good for shipped eggs IMO. I don't give refunds and I did offer to replace the eggs. I'd like feedback from buyers and sellers. Personally, I would be happy 5 hatched if I was the buyer. But as the seller, I can't see justifying a refund when there were 6 chicks that hatched. What do you guys think. (And it wasn't a sale on here or anything) :)

As my salty granny would say, "&#$% some folks would B%^&@ ifen you hung-um with a brand new rope."

Give this so called "Customer" 12 new eggs of the brand of chicken that she ordered along with a nasty nice letter apologizing for the 4 toed chicken and promising her that these new eggs would posses the amount of birth defects that she was requesting, meaning 5 toes. But demand that she first send the 7 live chicks back to you postage prepaid.

I would not give a refund, she declined your offer for new eggs be done with her. Be sure to save all the conversations with her through screen shots, if she does try to bad mouth you, you will have your side of the story documented and any good egg chicken person will see she is totally trying to scam you.

Back
Top Bottom