Update on Cassy the Sassy Indoor Goose.

EvenLater

Chirping
Apr 25, 2015
Illinois

Cassy is now a big ball of fluff, and as lovey as ever. I love when she comes to me for snuggles and my hands disappear into her fluff clear up to my wrists.

I've managed to train her a few very basic commands, and even a couple "tricks". She comes when she's called, even stopping dead in her tracks and coming right back to me, or anyone who calls her name. If I say "bed time" she goes to her pen. I tell her "go get Baby" and she will find her stuffed ducky and bring it to me. If I toss toys, she'll go get them and bring them back! Lol

I take her everywhere she's allowed, pet stores, parks, through the drive thru (she's got a thing for an occasional French fry and McDonald's just loves her!Lol)

She walks so nicely on her leash and everyone always wants to pet her, so I make sure I always have a travel size hand sanitizer on hand! There's oooo's and aaaah's and oh how sweet she is! everywhere we go. She's not only grown into a healthy and handsome lady, but she's just so well behaved, some times it blows my mind Lol.

I can't believe she's 7 months old now!

How cool is that? Never knew you could train a goose. Very nice.

The key (at least with Cassy) is patience and love and repetition. She's rewarded when she does what's asked, and when she doesn't we try, try, try again, until she gets it or she gets bored, Lol.

The first word I taught her was "easy". I place my hands on her, tell her "easy" and she stays still, allowing me to check her, lift wings, touch her feet, etc. I wanted to be sure she'd behave for a vet, or even a child wanting to touch her. She caught on after about a steady week of training. Now she will stop wherever she might be if she hears "easy" which is nice when I take her out and about.

I've come to realize she's just about as smart as a puppy, and when they're bonded with you they want to please you, so training is possible with some effort.

As soon as my internet is fixed, I'll post up some new videos of her little "routine" of commands (I hate that word tho Lol) and the few tricks I taught her. :)

The key (at least with Cassy) is patience and love and repetition. She's rewarded when she does what's asked, and when she doesn't we try, try, try again, until she gets it or she gets bored, Lol.

The first word I taught her was "easy". I place my hands on her, tell her "easy" and she stays still, allowing me to check her, lift wings, touch her feet, etc. I wanted to be sure she'd behave for a vet, or even a child wanting to touch her. She caught on after about a steady week of training. Now she will stop wherever she might be if she hears "easy" which is nice when I take her out and about.

I've come to realize she's just about as smart as a puppy, and when they're bonded with you they want to please you, so training is possible with some effort.

As soon as my internet is fixed, I'll post up some new videos of her little "routine" of commands (I hate that word tho Lol) and the few tricks I taught her.
smile.png
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom