Update on Chickens Hen or rooster?

Augie1

Chirping
Aug 18, 2020
Hello I asked this question in early September with mixed responses since I do no know the age. I'm asking a again I think the Barred Rock is hen because how much she filled in but the leghorns I do not know.
IMG_0399.jpg
IMG_0400.jpg
IMG_0401.jpg

All females. ‘Filling out’ is no way to sex them, as weight/size differs with breeds. And even within breeds.
Respectfully disagree. Filling out, to me, includes how the second feathers come in. How the chick stands. How it carries its head and tail. How the back ends up being shaped- and the slope between neck and tail.

Right before, or at two months I can start to spot physical differences in chicks not just comb and leg thickness- so filling out can absolutely be a factor in determining sex.

Respectfully disagree. Filling out, to me, includes how the second feathers come in. How the chick stands. How it carries its head and tail. How the back ends up being shaped- and the slope between neck and tail.

Right before, or at two months I can start to spot physical differences in chicks not just comb and leg thickness- so filling out can absolutely be a factor in determining sex.
I actually do agree. I assumed what they meant be 'filling out' was the leghorns being lighter-bodied.

Back
Top Bottom