Update on Faith & Sunshine - update post #55... Phoenix is gone :((

technodoll

Songster
10 Years
Aug 25, 2009
Quebec, Canada
For those who read about the two little mangled EE's that I brought home on Nov 17th (barely two weeks ago), this is what good food and lots of TLC will do!

First, Sunshine who had crusty eyes...

DSC_0042-1.jpg

Found out her head was full of lice and nits! GROSS! They were feeding on her eyes and infection set in, then horrible swelling...

DSC_0014-2.jpg

I dusted her twice and put her on antibiotics, kept her in the house for 10 days.

Here she is now, all spit and vinegar, feathers growing in all shiny! I think she's about 14 to 15 weeks now, hard to tell...

DSC_0030.jpg

And then little Faith, who wasn't more than a small handful of naked, shivering skin and bones:

DSC_0039-1.jpg

The j3rk who sold her to me said she was 12 weeks old - yeah riiiight! she's barely 10 weeks old right now, with her adult feathers finally starting to fill in - she's covered in little pin feathers all over, sooo cute! After access to quality protein-rich food (she was also on antibiotics), warmth and lots of TLC, she's coming along nicely. I doubt she'll ever be big but she's terribly sweet and grateful for anything you give her... she has my heart.

DSC_0022-1.jpg

Will post more updates as the "chemo girl" starts to look more like the beautiful hen I know she will turn out to be!

Last edited:
Bless your giving heart to give those girls a chance and open your heart.
The "after" shots look so promising!

Back
Top Bottom