Update on my Boy **home 8-8-08**

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mangled, Jul 9, 2008.

1. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

He had his open heart procedure yesterday. So far, we're doing well. He has lots of tubes and drains and IV's, but he's doing well.

He's on 2 liters of oxygen, and has a central line in his neck, plus an IV in each arm. He has a chest tube, and a drain around his heart. He has pacemaker lines still around his heart in case he has an arrhythmia of any type, or God forbid, an arrest.

His incision is huge. Poor guy is just miserable. They have him on a lot of medicines, and are managing his pain very well.

He's pretty nauseous all day, and has barely managed to keep anything down, but all in all, we're right where we should be.

They're pleased with his progress and have all ready moved us out of the cardiac intensive care unit to the cardiac unit.

Children's has a laptop program that provides laptops for the parents at the bedside for your own personal use, and we're lucky enough to have one. They prevent you from downloading anything, of course, so pictures will have to wait until I can get home to our regular computer. I'll keep everybody updated as they days go by.

Please say a prayer for my boy. They've gotten us this far!!
    Em

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  2. FloridaChickenChick

FloridaChickenChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Lake County, Florida
    ... prayers on the way! Glad things are going well, and how wonderful to have access to the laptop! What a marvelous program.

3. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    You have my prayers! And then some....

4. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I have an open heart scar that goes from the base of my neck to about 6 inches about my bellybutton(2 actually)...we used to call it my railroad tracks.

Hugs and prayers.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Em, so glad he made it through surgery okay. Praying he'll recover and be driving you nuts before long, LOL.

6. sammy

sammy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    prayers for all of you

*hugs*

7. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    My heart goes out to you.

I remember seeing my Dad after his open heart surgery, and all the tubes and lines... can't even imagine seeing those on a child.

Glad to hear he is OK, wishing him a speedy recovery, and peace for you and yours.

8. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh Em, Thats good news...that you are where they expect you to be....but at the same time....hard I am sure to see it all happening around you. You definately have our prayers for your son. God speed for a quick recovery!! [​IMG]

9. draftiemama

draftiemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Florida
    Prayers that everything goes smoothly and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

10. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] I will Pray for your Son. Hope he has a speedy recovery. My Prayers are with You to at this very stressful time. Know that a lot of people care and will hold you up in Prayer. Best of luck for a rapid recovery.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by