Update on my Brother's Vehicle Accident link to PIX

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by rebbetzin, Apr 10, 2011.

1. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    A while back I asked prayer for my brother, who had been in a rollover accident after dozing off at the wheel.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=458034

The injuries were much worse than they thought at first. My brother was complaining of still being in a lot of pain. They finally took a new set of Xrays, almost a month later! And they found he had no socket for his upper arm bone, his shoulder was shattered in many pieces, he had 8 broken ribs and two broken vertebra in his back!! So, it was off to see if he could be put back together again. They were able to find a surgeon that had done 20 reconstructions of shoulders, most Drs. do one maybe in their career. We are thankful his primary care Dr. knew of this surgeon.

I have photos on Photobucket, if anyone wants to see the Xrays and the vehicle.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/2011/Accident 2 25 11/
    It is a real miracle he is still alive. The Dr. said he had never seen such damage on a LIVING person.

Please continue to pray for his recovery.

2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Thank god he wasn't killed, or anyone else.

3. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Its amazing that thay much injury could have been missed!

DH went to the ER once for what I thought was a broken wrist. The ER doc said it was not and did not even get xrays! A week later I dragged him back we got xrays and sure enough it was broken - in two places!! [​IMG]

But, a totally trashed shoulder seems like a fairly easy find!

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Lord have mercy! He's lucky to be alive! Most vehicles don't do well in a roll over.

5. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    So glad to read they took a look at him again instead of just dismissing his complaints. Healings!

6. ron-davis

ron-davis New Egg

Apr 15, 2011
    If you or your kin are a victim of any such construction accident, then contact a accident lawyer to get justice and compensation from the negligent construction company or any other negligent party involved.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by