Update on My homemade cooler-bator. **PICTURES**

Quote:
The first question is unanswerable. The bulb cycles on when the temperature gets to low, and off when to hot. It cycles All the time. It usually stays off A lot longer than it stays on, after you have it up to temperature. My incubator holds 20 eggs I use the styro foam egg carton, and put it on the turner. I use the foam carton, but the paper cartons might work pretty well. I use the dry incubation process, for Dry Incubation, you need to get a trusty hygrometer. I don't add water, but it depends on where you live, whether to add water or not. During the first 18 days I incubate with the humidity at 20-30%, and on the last three days, or "Lock-Down" I add lots of water through my funnel tube outside of the incubator, and bring the humidity to 70%.
70328_newchickeneggs_002.jpg

I modified my thermostat today and can't believe how steady the temps stay. I did notice that the temps at the bottom were at 100deg. and at the top was at 97.8. do your's range like that or is the temp the same throughout the bator? I plan on putting my eggs at the top.

That's weird, in my whole incubator is the same temperature. I don't know what is wrong, maybe your fan is not strong enough. Do you have vent holes at the top to allow the hot air that rises to the top of the incubator to get out? Maybe that's your problem.

That is cool. I haven't hatched any yet, but when I do I was wanting to make an inexpensive do it yourself incubator (unless I have a cooperative broody)

Quote:
Thanks I started on it last December. And have had 3 hatches in it so far. I wanted to get a new better look, so I decided to change things up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom