Update on My homemade cooler-bator. **PICTURES**

And to make the thermostat really sensitive to temperature change, I drilled holes into it. Here's a video on how to do this. Also don't be too scared to do it. It won't mess up your thermostat. It is a needed adjustment.

I'm trying to find all the parts for the bator that I used last year, but can't find the fan. I'm going to make a turner like you have, did you glue yours or just leave it dry? I think leaving it dry will be better when you put them in lockdown. I used a styrofoam cooler, but may change to a plastic one because it's bigger, and with the plastic sides will hold parts better with screws or bolts.

I put my turner together, and screwed the hardware cloth to the bottom. So some joints are connected together with screws. But the PVC pipe to the outside of the incubator that I use to turn the eggs is not screwed to the base. On day 18 I take the turner out and plug up the 2 holes, and lay the eggs on the bottom of the incubator. But next time I hatch I will leave them in the egg carton.

Here they are.
70328_coolerbatoreggturner_001.jpg
70328_coolerbatoreggturner_002.jpg
70328_coolerbatoreggturner_003.jpg

thanks for the wiring dia. right now my cooler/bator is set up with a light bulb out of a old lamp and a pc fan..i pluged it in about 3hrs ago and im holding a temp 0f 108deg and 60%hum. guess i will be getting the thermastat from lowes today... im using 1- 40watt bulb and a cooler that measures about 20long x 12wide x 14 tall

Quote:
Do the thermostat adjustment. Drill holes into the thermostat. The thermostat also needs to be within 1 to 1/2 inches from the heat source, in your case, the light bulb.

Last edited:
***********UPDATES*****************

I have had the incubator on for about 2 days now,after the adjustments made, and the temperature is ROCK solid! I am very pleased.

THE TEMPERATURE HAS REMAINED AT 99.7. I CAN'T WAIT TO HATCH IN IT.

how often does the light bulb cycle on and off ..also do you just put the eggs in a store bought egg carton and place on the egg turner...how many eggs does your cooler/bator hold....

Back
Top Bottom