Update on my little Fabio 2.0!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Kanchii, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm really pleased with how my bantam barred rock cockerel is turning out. He's about... 5 months old now I believe. I'm going to be showing him at the Stockton show in late January, hopefully he'll be more matured and filled out by then. I had to pose him on the table, which made him not stand naturally. He normally DOES carry his tail more correctly but I didn't want to let him get too comfortable and take off on me, hehe.

I used him as my example at the poultry project meeting for the Indian Valley 4-h, I'm the show team leader because the actual poultry leader doesn't know anything about showing. He was a good boy considering he hasn't really been handled since LAST months poultry meeting, and he was crowing up a storm in his carrying box. Anyway, what do you think of him so far?

The things I don't like are how his comb doesn't follow his skull, and the barring on his wing is a bit off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    I agree with you about he comb and the wing but all in all I think you have a good looking little guy there. Good Luck with him.

3. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by