Update on Smokey

Briannaquinn16

Songster
Feb 18, 2021
this is a update on how Smokey my black silkie is doing with impacted crop, So today, I put some Vegtable oil in her water and she drank a lot so I’m pretty glad but she is still doing this ( not my video )
so how long will it take for her to stop doing that and her crop is not blocked anymore?

Have you been massaging the crop in a downward motion several times a day? Only do this if her crop is hard or doughy. If it is puffy, do not massage it. Is the crop emptying any by early morning? How was it this morning? Have you started the antifungal cream?

It is best to keep updating your original thread from yesterday, rather than starting a new thread about the same bird.

Have you been massaging the crop in a downward motion several times a day? Only do this if her crop is hard or doughy. If it is puffy, do not massage it. Is the crop emptying any by early morning? How was it this morning? Have you started the antifungal cream?

It is best to keep updating your original thread from yesterday, rather than starting a new thread about the same bird.
Her crop felt like a water balloon, I kept massaging it during the day and I feel it going down a little, I just put her to bed for the night and she hasn’t tried adjusting it. And no I haven’t started the cream I just used Vegetabl oil

Has there been a sour or bad odor from her beak? Do not massage it if it feels like a water balloon. You would risk her choking if liquid came up in her throat. Massaging is only done for an impacted or doughy crop, and those feel firm or dough-like. Check her crop at daylight before she eats or drinks to see if it empties. She probably needs an antifungal cream such as Monistat/miconazole, clotrimazole which Dollar Tree sells, or Nystatin/Medistatin powder.

Has there been a sour or bad odor from her beak? Do not massage it if it feels like a water balloon. You would risk her choking if liquid came up in her throat. Massaging is only done for an impacted or doughy crop, and those feel firm or dough-like. Check her crop at daylight before she eats or drinks to see if it empties. She probably needs an antifungal cream such as Monistat/miconazole, clotrimazole which Dollar Tree sells, or Nystatin/Medistatin powder.
Ok thanks for that I won’t massage it no more, and no There’s no sour Oder from her beak and also She has been doing this for two days and Her crop still hasnt emptied. But she did poop a lot today

Back
Top Bottom