Well, Betty (SLW) is improving as the day goes on! I'm so happy! I realized she was acting as if she'd been poisoned, so I asked my parents if they had sprayed anything in the back yard (We've been having a lot of trouble with yellow jackets) No one had sprayed anything in the back. Then today, it dawned on me that maybe she ate a toad! We have a lot of baby ones in the yard.....could they poison a chicken who ate them? Betty will eat ANYTHING that moves if she can get it down her throat, so I don't doubt she might have eaten a frog or toad! Anyway, just wanted to update with the good news. Her comb is shiny and bright red again today, too! No purple.