*UPDATE* pg 4*Rescue has 106 chicks-Need Homes-MN

I do agree with keeping this post on track. Please do just that folks. Some one here is trying to do a good thing and get birds homes. If you can help please post. If you chose to be critical please do it off list.

As a side note you will find a few here that have successfully kept cornishx rescues happy and healthy. It is just a matter of good management.

The people running rescues such as this are doing wonderful things. They are rehab-ing battery hens etc. --sad cases. I feel they should be commended for wanting to give an animal, any animal, a rich-long life.

It is a very sad horrific state of affairs in the commercial poultry industry. These "angels" don't want the ones that they save just ending up back in the horror.

I applaud them for all they do. We also have many "angels" on our list and they deserve our thanks also....

So from me...for what it's worth...THANK YOU!

Michele

If I lived closer, I would take a few. I currently have rescued horses and rescued cats. In the past I have a variety of rescues, even turkeys once. I call them my refugees. What's a few more mouths to feed? I hope they go to good homes.
jumpy.gif

How do you all know they are meat chicks? Good job hooligan. This is touchy, but they should have homes. Now the no breeding or selling eggs is weird. I am all for no breeding and buying of dogs and cats. But no breeding or buying chikens is pretty dumb. I will continue to breed my birds, but not eat them.

I'm going to throw my two cents in here, because I work for a rescue. I believe the statement says "Sell eggs for profit". Now , if you take in 6 birds and get maybe four eggs every few days, with feed and upkeep of the birds, if you sell a dozen eggs for 2.50, you are hardly making a profit. I believe that statement is meant for those that would want to treat them like battery hens. If I were closer, I would take some, sell the eggs (when they started laying) and send the money to the rescue. But that's just me.

Also, they say no breeding because the world is full of animals needing homes, why make more? These 106 chicks not being able to breed, aren't going to put the species in danger of extinction.

Keep up the good work Chicken run, and you too Hooligan
smile.png

Quote:
When my roo lost his feet to frostbite I wanted to put him down but when I called the vet she said that I should think about it because animals deal with handicaps better than people do - well we chose to keep him alive and he did real well got around just fine and had the Biggest personality ever.

Back
Top Bottom