UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!! Please Help!!!!!!!!!!! Chickens Murdered in DeBary Florida!!!!!

Or it could have been the neighbors! If it was the neighbors, that is the most heartless thing to do. Sickos! Poor family. I mean, really. If the neighbors did that, they deserve jail time. That is like killing someone's pet dog because it is barking. Poor chickens!
hit.gif
I guess I am playing devil's advocate here, but I had a neighbor who used to work days and knew I was on bights 12/7. This neighbor would lock the dog in his yard(otherwise it was a house/garage dog, because he would bark the whole time he was outside and the neighbor, his wife, their son and everyone else in the neighborhood could get no sleep at all), when he went to work, knowing the dog would bark the whole time he was at work, right next to my bedroom window. That is a dog I wanted to kill, or better yet his neighbor. About day 3 of 12 hour shifts, I told the neighbor, either lock the dog in while at work or he would come home to find no dog, then loaded a rifle in front of him and placed it just inside my door, where he could see it, every time I opened the door. After that, the dog became a house dog. A good neighbor is a rare and precious gift!
But like others said, it sounds like a coon! A city neighbor would have poisoned the whole flock, or let a dog into the yard. City folk are too squeamish to chop a head off a chicken. City folk do not mind hens, they just don't like the cock crowing when they are trying to sleep in.
Come on, you know the news reporters want to make a story more interesting and coon biting off a chicken head just ain't that exciting. A person taking off a chicken head, gets people fired up. Common sense just isn't very common anymore!
barnie.gif
The news media sometimes does more harm than good ! Hopefully cool heads and common sense will prevail !!!!

I am the owner of the chickens, and the father of JJ. The heads were cleanly taken off. No part of the birds were eatten. My other baby chicken was let out while they were killing the others. The police said they have seen many animal attacks and this was not animal. I disagree with him on this the person who killed my chickens is an animal. Who could do that to the little boys chicken after seeing him with his chicken on TV.

First of all, let me say that I feel so sorry for your son and your family for going through this. I have two little boys who just adore their chickens. They name them, feed them, and carry them around. This must be just devastating to you. If there's anything at all that we can do for you, let us know. If you would like us to send letters to the city, just say the word. There ARE good people out there; many of them on this site. Please don't let one heartless loser get you down.

I am the owner of the chickens, and the father of JJ. The heads were cleanly taken off. No part of the birds were eatten. My other baby chicken was let out while they were killing the others. The police said they have seen many animal attacks and this was not animal. I disagree with him on this the person who killed my chickens is an animal. Who could do that to the little boys chicken after seeing him with his chicken on TV.
Hi,

I started this thread when I seen this on Bay News 9. I just wanted to get "Chicken People" involved, and see if any help could be done. My heart goes out to you and your family and I hope they not only catch the person who did this, but let you family keep your chickens.

Well we are losing focus here. The issue is this family like many other families in DeBary cannot have chickens in their city. I know how hard it was for my community to get chickens allowed and how there are still many communities in Pinellas County, Florida that still are fighting. So "Good Chicken People" here is the mayor of DeBary (Bob Garcia) e-mail address: [email protected] I have sent an e-mail (asking nicely) to please consider helping out this family and many other familes that may want the joy we all have in raising chickens!!!!!

Mel
yippiechickie.gif

Sounds like a coon to me. I had a couple killed a couple of weeks ago and a couple of my neighbors lost some birds and all were beheaded.

It absolutely sounds like a racoon. They get the birds excited so they run frantically into the fence. Racoons hace tremendously dexterous "hands" with which they grab any part of the bird they can & pull it apart. It's easier to pull a chicken's head off than you might think.

Back
Top Bottom