Update...Protect from lights!!!Blisters on feet

It is the one bird. She had to have gotten burnt. She is the one to roost closest to the light. I feel aweful!!! I am kicking myself!!!

I read all your post on it and I knew you could tell me right off. I am thinking it is a burn and I could just cry. I put the light in for a bit of heat not to hurt them!

For anyone who reads this Chicken proof your barn.

Don't beat yourself up too bad over this,
the whole chicken raising thing is a learning experience.

Just be glad that you found her when you did and hopefully you can prevent any future burns.

Would frost bite cause blistering? It was in the teens here all week during the night and 30's during the day.

Well, at those temps, I doubt it unless she was stuck in a snow bank for hours, or her feet got wet then froze. Mine do quite well in those temps and I never see any blisters on their feet. I think frostbite usually is black, though, not watery blisters, but someone whose birds have gotten it will have to comment.

My husband said that the spiral light bulb that we were useing shouldn't have gotten hot enough to burn her feet. I am trying to figure this mystery out. We did move the perches and she won't be able to get on the light any more. I checked out all the other hens and they look great. No mites, blisters or anything I can see.

On a good note: She stood for a minute. She didn't walk any, but did stand. Her poor webs are a bit swollen again with fluid. I did put an anticeptic solution on. I am going bath her feet in warm water and put the med again in the morning. If it doesn't get better or improve some in the next two days, I will try and find some iodine solution and wrap them.

Any other ideas or suggestions???

I don't let them out except in a 40X40 area. They have their own fenced yard. She hasn't gotten out any where. Do you think goat urine could do that? They are with 3 female goats. That is really all she could get into.

and the blisters are on top and bottom of the webbing. The blisters aren't any where else except the webbing. It is between the front 3 toes only.

Back
Top Bottom