(UPDATE!!) Red not getting better * PSU Replied!

It looks like she's got some scaly leg mite problems. Maybe there's an infection?

Yes we know about the leg mites. We're trying to cure all the problems with her. She had the mites when we got her, and it has been a battle ever since.

Ok what kind of symptoms would I be looking for if she also had worms? Poo was runny mostly green with a little white in it this morning.

You know, I've had some chickens with respiratory problems this winter that would get some dark red patches (due to lack of oxygen). Any sneezing at all with her? The first picture looks similar the second looks like a bruise. I had a rooster that had scaly leg mite that caused an infection in both knees. I eventually had to put him down because of it but his infection was much much worse here.

I'm looking at the legs and I'm thinking 1) infection or 2) oxygen levels. I'm looking at comb and thinking internal external parasites. Some of those darn parasites though will invade the lungs (both internal AND external parasites) and that can cause problems with oxygen levels. Respiratory problems are not always obvious.

I have her on 1/2cc pennacillin/day for any infections. She has electrolytes mixed in the water. And I have been feeding her soaked food with yogurt today. Since I have been feding her that she has perked up a little. She is finaly "talking" to me again a little.

Yea she has had me worried for a couple of days now... But I followed what some others said to do and I hope
fl.gif
she is finally turning the corner to getting well. The other thing that I noticed and it has me pretty concerned is that she is very underweight. Does anyone know will the yogurt mix help her to gain some of her weight back? I don't think she was eating much because it hurt to walk.

Ok the de-wormer that I have is 250mg Piperazine base/tsp(5ml.) it's for round worms. Does anyone know if I can use this with chickens?

Back
Top Bottom