UPDATE! THEY ARE HATCHING!!!! Live NEST CAM link for my Muscovy hen

kitkatbahr

Songster
10 Years
Apr 25, 2009
Merritt Island, FL
UPDATE!! 12:56 p.m. May 19th, Wednesday.
They are hatching!! I just saw one of the babies and also another egg looked like it was pipped!!! This is soooo exciting!

Come watch with us!

Kathy

Hi all,

I thought this was neat and wanted to share. My husband hooked up a camera and did a live web cam for me of my Muscovy Duck, Cooca, on her nest. She has 13 eggs left. I had given her two Pekin eggs, so I don't know if she still has them or not. She started with 19 eggs and has kicked 6 out through out the hatch.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/muscovy-nest-cam

Anyway, she is due to hatch her own eggs on Tuesday, May 18th, day 35. The Pekin eggs are due to hatch tomorrow, day 28. I messed up my counting as I was trying to get them to hatch the same day as hers. Anyway, the web cam will show any action going on.

She is underneath a hutch in the duck yard. It is only as high as the cinder blocks it is sitting on, so approx. 7 inches? Not much room under there. When she gets off the nest, you can see the eggs (and hopefully the ducklings when they hatch). Alot of the time she is just sitting there, but sometimes she rolls the eggs around, moves feathers to cover them, etc.

Just thought it would be fun to share the Ducky Cam!!

Enjoy...

Kathy
Merritt Island, FL

Last edited:
Pretty cool cam! I like that even thought it is night I can see what's going on.

BTW, the resolution is good. Almost too good... I can see a bunch of bugs flying around and crawling on her right now. Are those mosquitos? I can even see her trying to shake them off.

Cool
smile.png
I set up a cam on my ducklings the other day, but couldn't keep it going cause ustream was slowing my pc down.. I'm gonna hook it up again on a different machine and with a better cam.

I love seeing duck and chicken cams.. I wish I had a wireless cam so I could monitor the goat barn from inside the house

Ok, now there is audio!! You will hear her cheaping/chirping at the eggs sometimes. This morning she was really talking to them. Lots more than usual. You will also hear the wind in the palm fronds (sounds like water running), the other ducks (pekins), and sometimes the very noisy crow that sounds like he is yelling at the camera he is so loud! LOL

Yes, the bugs are some mosquitos, but some other critters too. They are attracted to the tiny light on the camera. It is an Infrared camera. She eats the bugs sometimes too. I have seen her go after them. Muscovies like mosquitos, so her snacks are coming to her, instead of her having to go look for them!

I am really hoping she still has the two Pekin eggs. If so, they should hatch today as it is day 28 for them. I held them out for 5 days before putting them under her. Should have been 7 days though, so they would all hatch on day 35 for the muscovy eggs. Anyway, she had kicked out 6 eggs throughout the hatch and I didn't mark any of them, so this will be a surprise hatch. It will either be one or two pekins and the rest muscovies, or all muscovies.

She has been an extremely good mama, and this is her FIRST hatch. I am so excited to see how she does.

Thanks everyone for cheering her on!

Kathy

Back
Top Bottom