update w/1 pic so far...

maplesky7

Flock Mistress
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
N. IL.
ok...so i had a heart attack on the 6th of April, so I was in the hospital a number of days.

I tried telling my sister how to check the humidity but when I got home it was bone dry...I added more water and have just left the bator going...figuring I'll get what I get.

Well,
Tomorrow is the day they should hatch...the 23rd.

I HEARD PEEPS!! So I'm happy right....

Then I thought I should add more water...and when I did, I accidently got a drop on the bulb and it exploded.
th.gif

wee.gif
<<<me running with my head cut off.

Drove a mile to the hardware store, get new bulb, run home.

Have to open the lid--and remove fragments of glass. I heard PEEPS!!!! ahhhh!! And realize temp. has dropped after not having a bulb on for half hour.

Put new bulb in there and had to leave for 2 hours to cardiac rehab.

Get home and it's HOT--TOO HOT...over 100*

Freak....open lid, add water, then put lid back and pull plugs, turn temp. adjuster down...heard a peep....and leave for another couple hours...came home and temp. is steady.

I'm so afraid I did something horrible!!!

I hope I didn't doom them. I pray we get some peeps.

me,
g

page 4 pic

Last edited:
Well maplesky, if it is meant to be it is meant to be....that which does not kill us makes us stronger! You are gonna have hulk chickies!!!!

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
some days are just like that. Praying for a successful hatch for you!

I would think this late in the game its going to turn out better than you expect..
Good luck to you and your chickies!
Glad youre ok after your heart attack..

oh thank you everyone.

I certainly didn't expect to have 99.9% clogged artery at the tender age of 35. But like the nurse said, I've had a lot of stress in my life lately....and then a bit of genetics...

I was telling the hardware store girl that I just had a heart attack and I went and exploded my incubator bulb and I certainly didn't need that stress on top of it all. She was like, YOU had a heart attack...yep, me.

So some fuzzy butts would really cheer my 2 little girls and me up...I'm getting really excited about it all.

....but I still can't believe I did what I did!!! aaaaaargh!!!

Glad you're still here!

Hope these little ones didn't add too much stress to your week, hopefully they will hatch and you can snuzzle them which will certainly relieve any stress you might be feeling.
woot.gif

Keep us posted...
pop.gif

Michelle

ok...I think...underline think....I see 3 really lil pips....

2 from Busters buff orps and 1 from bluey's ee eggs

and I am hearing peeps.

temp. is steady now....but I really freaked out that the temp was above 100* for ? an hour or 2.

me,
g

Back
Top Bottom