Update! We have a feathered foot!!! Black Copper Maran, Black Sex Link? Aaargh!

What breed is this darn pullet?

• Black Copper Maran

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Black Sex Link

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Something Else (If so, please comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
@rebrascora

I tried getting a close up look at her comb but the little stinker is skittish! I can hardly see it myself...it's not much more than 1/4" high, if that, and it's a pinkish-white hue. It looks like a single comb, but I just can't get a close enough look. I'll try to get a photo of her comb and feet close up. I also noticed a lot of her feathers are trimmed in the copper and the black has a green, blue, AND purple sheen. It's really lovely in the sunlight.

I believe the farmer just bought them from a hatchery.

I got some close ups of her comb and feet. I posted as many from different angles as I could get from her.

Apparently while trying to get these photos, Lady Mary decided she was ready for her close up.
lau.gif

Ok, well it's definitely a single comb and obviously tiny, so at least there is no concern over her gender, not that there was any anyway! I'm swinging back towards her being a BCM because those feet have a definite pink tinge between the toes, similar to my BCMs. Black feathers almost always have that iridescent green/purple sheen in the sun when the bird is healthy. I think you will get some dark brown eggs from her, when the time comes.

By the way, Lady Mary is a total star! She obviously knows she is gorgeous! So pleased you included those photos.

Back
Top Bottom