[UPDATE] Woohoo! I have EIGHT chicks! [[PICS]]

Thank you everyone! The bad egg lol, is my only Barred Rock that made it, cross your fingers this one pulls through. I have two more eggs in the bator but they are both delawares also, who knows after court today I may come home to a few suprises!
lol.png

Chicks are just so terribly cute! Thanks for sharing the pic. I should be receiving my eggs in the mail today and tomorrow--bators all ready and waiting!

And on the bad egg thing...I have had them when they are looking gray-drk gray and then hatch--its crazy. I always give them one more day just in case. (unless it smells of coarse)

Quote:
cross your fingers for me, doing the water test as a last resort with these two eggs. it's day 23 we shall see! you must post pics of your little ones and let me know how it goes. I think from now on I will only incubate my own eggs, I ordered barred rocks and DID NOT get what I ordered. Ahh they are still cute as buttons though
smile.png

yes whatever I thought were BR's it did make it. I'm going to post a short video (if this site will let me) every chick looks the same but they came from two diff. batches. I looked up buff rocks? the supposed br resemble them. I am also goign to email the girl through ebay and ask her what other possible chicks I could of got sent in a friendly way of course. I love the babies they are adorable. But anyway yes my longwinded self, all are doing exceptionally well. I feel like I should get a degree in hatching eggs! LOL (I zipped and hatched 6 of the 8) including the last one. My humidity was off I believe and they were all stuck.

Woohoo! I love incubating eggs. Those exciting moments of the hatch, and those cute fuzzy butts!
ya.gif
I've run seven hatches thru my Hovabator this year, and the last hatch of the year just finished last week. 49 little peeps!
wee.gif
Well, some of them are almost fully feathered (I did a staggered hatch for the first time this last run).
I am an incubator addict, no doubt. DH made me promise to quit until next year. Come on January One!
fl.gif

Great! Did you get no chicks that look like my avatar? Granted, they were a week old then, but still black and yellow fluffies with a spot on the head? Definitely write to her to see if she might have switched your order. Someone else could have hatched out your BRs, wondering where their yellow fuzzy butts are!
lol.png

Quote:
LOL nope not a single one looks like your avatar not even close
lol.png
. i was on late last night thinking maybe just maybe she sent me buff rocks? I'm on ebay now sending her a message. yeah someone got some eggs they weren't expecting LOL
ep.gif
i'm just curious to what do I have!!!!

Back
Top Bottom