UPDATED 7/15! NEW PICS Sebastopol Geese 5Months old. What Colors?

UPDATED 7/15!!! Please look at the new pics... What do you think? ... Also I'm now on the search for a nice buff so if anyone has one or eggs please let me know, even if it is the spring of 2011 before you will have any available. Thanks

Last edited:
I have three little Sebbie girls and one of them has tail feathers that are dark like that. Looking at your updated pics I assumed that she was like my Roman Girls and sometimes they have dark feathers as a baby. They molt them out and eventually, are all white.

You'll have to keep us posted.

Last edited:
jojo@rolling acres farm :

I have three little Sebbie girls and one of them has tail feathers that are dark like that. Looking at your updated pics I assumed that she was like my Roman Girls and sometimes they have dark feathers as a baby. They molt them out and eventually, are all white.

You'll have to keep us posted.

The Seb in question is a male not a female... Do males also have dark feathers sometimes??? Dorothy said it's parents were both buffs.​

Jordan family,the shading from white to what I would call pearl gray of your goose is lovely. Time will tell if it goes to white. If this helps, my splashes have all started out very distinct in there coloring from their first feathering, and kept the color/white ratio.
Here is some new pics today of Zen. He is not in full feather yet. If he does as last year, he will turn bluer and longer in feather. I would call him a harlequin if I had to pick a new category. Wish I had a bunch of him! The definition of harlequin is diamond pattern, but in the animal world it fits, the dictionary deff is: Having a pattern of brightly colored diamond shapes.
Well, he's more "square"
lol.png

I'll post more pics in a few weeks of him.
goslings1191.jpg

goslings1190.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom