* Updated * A Recent Loss In The Family. Nov. 28, 2008 (Almost 1 Year)

TommyVT05

Songster
11 Years
Feb 6, 2008
Southern California
Hello Everyone,

How is everybody doing? I hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving. Lucky this forum isn't dedicated to Turkeys or we would have some major celebration problems...Lol. Sorry, bad joke. Just trying to stay optimistic...even though I am still very sad and lonely.

Romeo, my beloved Chihuahua, passed away on Nov. 28th, 2008. That was suppose to be his 4th birthday and he was suppose to turn 28 according to dog years. After gone shopping for "Black-Friday" with my brothers and sisters, I got home to a very tragic scene. My mom ran out to us right when we pulled up and cried miserabbly. At first, I was so shocked and the first thing I though of was...is my father ok?

It turned out that Romeo, my dog, had been attacked and killed by a Raccoon. My heart melted and I went speechless that instant. I saw how Romeo was killed and it tored my heart appart...

Even until today, 4 days after, my mom still crys because I bought Romeo for her years ago because I though I had to go away far for college and now...he is gone. I miss him so much and couldn't bear to come home everyday and not seeing him waiting at the door, so happy anymore.

It hurts so much, especially my mom but there I am lost to what I should do. I feel so bad if I were to get her another puppy now because we all still miss Romeo and his youthfulness still but couldn't bear seeing our mom cry and everything...

What should I do now? ...

Anyhow, I have the full story dedicated to my Romeo on my one of my page:

http://animalsinthecity.webs.com/mycurrentpets.htm

I miss him dearly everytime I look at that page but thats the only way I can see his video now and some of his pictures...

Romeo

Nov. 28, 2004 until Nov. 28, 2008

~ Tommy's Pet Paradise ~

Last edited:
I am so sorry you lost your sweet Chi. I don't know what to tell you to do for your mom. I just wanted to give you a
hugs.gif
and say I know how you feel. We lost a dear Chi a few months back, they are wonderful pets and touch your heart so much. I would get another puppy, but maybe give a little time for healing first.

I'm so sorry for your loss
hit.gif
Time may be the only thing that will help you and your mom heal, so don't be afraid to take as much of it as you need. Losing your beloved dog is like losing a human, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
hugs.gif

I'm sorry for your loss Tommy. I know how much he meant to you. I also know the feeling when its so unexpected. Was the raccoon rabid? I'm sorry you have to go through this pain
hugs.gif

I am so sorry, It takes so much of your heart away when you loose a beloved pet, especially like that.
hugs.gif
Christmas is coming, and there is an over abundance of dogs in shelters. Romeo will be in your hearts forever. I read your story and saw his pictures. What a cool dog! Tears can be transferred to smiles with a new puppy.
The best part is, you'd be saving a life.
All the best to you and your family.

I detest raccoons. I attended a wildlife rehab course 2 weeks ago and the woman that was teaching rehabs about 200 each year. It was all I could do to keep my big mouth shut. I am so sorry for Romeo. Killing as many as I can up here in Canada.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dog
hugs.gif
. I know it seems like getting another puppy will ease the pain your mom is feeling but in all honesty, it will probably make it worse. Let her grieve for this much loved dog in her own way and in time, if she wants another dog, she will let you know. Too many times people rush out and get another pet to replace the one they lost and the end up resenting the pet because its not "the same" as the one they lost. Of course its not the same, nothing can replace the love and friendship of a dear pet who's been with you for years - but in time, it eases and you can find another loving companion who will give you as much love as your last.

love.gif

Tommy I am sure sorry that you lost your baby bro. I went from raising great danes to socializing Chihuahua babies for a breeder. I have had Chihuahua's ever since.

They are such big little babies. They think they are 10 feet tall and bullet proof. I have 3 right now, and have lost 3 in the past. I could not be without a little live wire. I have to have a chi in my life. Let your Mom decide when she is ready for a new baby. She will let you know when just let her know that you will be ready to get her one as soon as she is ready for one.

Again I am so sorry for your loss, but I am so happy that you had him for 4 years and that he got to be the best in those 4 years.

Thank you everyone for all your support.

Its been almost a week now and my mom still seems very sad. Romeo has been a big part of our family, especially my mothers because she is just home with my dad, the chickens, and Romeo most of the time.

She loves Romeo the most out of all my pets because he sleeps with her during the winter, plays with her everytime she's outside taking care of the yard...etc...

Once again, I appreciate all your suggestions.

- Tommy

Back
Top Bottom