Updated - Corid and Amprol (amprolium) Dosing

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by casportpony, Aug 26, 2013.

1. CooksCritters

CooksCritters Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2017
    FL - Florida
    Can you give Corid with ACV in the water? I gave my guinea keets 1/4 tsp of the liquid Corid in their 1 qt chick waterer for moderate outbreaks. They seem a little sluggish but nothing too bad. I don't have ACV in their water at the moment.
    Thank you!

scottcaddy likes this.
  2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    I don't know if one will interact with the other.

scottcaddy and Ravynscroft like this.
  3. AussieChickenGal

AussieChickenGal New Egg

Jul 14, 2017
    Hi all

I've lost two of my four 3wk old chicks to suspected coccidiosis, one two nights ago and one last night. One of the remaining two is now pooping bloody stools. I've done a thorough clean and have started them on the Au equivalent of corid, I medicated their water and tried to give them a drop orally.

They didn't seem to mind lapping up the water off the eye dropper, but they didn't get much. Should I go again in a few hours??

I'm terrified we are going to lose another. :hit

scottcaddy likes this.
  4. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    Yes and make sure you are using the treatment dose. Keep giving them the medicine in the dropper until they start drinking the water. They should start looking better tomorrow.

scottcaddy and AussieChickenGal like this.
  5. AussieChickenGal

AussieChickenGal New Egg

Jul 14, 2017
    Thank you, I'll give them some more again soon. :fl

scottcaddy likes this.
  6. L_Stowell

L_Stowell New Egg

May 26, 2017
    I gave mine really sick girls several mililiters ever two hours by eye dropper, when they weren't drinking on their own.

scottcaddy likes this.
  7. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Those of you with 20% powder can take 1/2 teaspoon powder, mix with 10 ml of water, stir well and give 0.07 ml per 100 gram of body weight orally for 1-3 days. Do this in addition to providing medicated water.

8. crity

crity Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2015
    Thank you for this. I have had chickens for over 40 years and honestly I have never delt with an outbreak of any kind. Then I started looking on this site and have developed some sort of hypochondria by proxy. I must keep this stuff on hand, but everywhere I looked it only said for calves. Thank you.

ronott1 and scottcaddy like this.
  9. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    barkerg, ronott1 and scottcaddy like this.
  10. scottcaddy

scottcaddy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

casportpony likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by