Updated - Corid and Amprol (amprolium) Dosing

Pics
Can you give Corid with ACV in the water? I gave my guinea keets 1/4 tsp of the liquid Corid in their 1 qt chick waterer for moderate outbreaks. They seem a little sluggish but nothing too bad. I don't have ACV in their water at the moment.
Thank you!

Can you give Corid with ACV in the water? I gave my guinea keets 1/4 tsp of the liquid Corid in their 1 qt chick waterer for moderate outbreaks. They seem a little sluggish but nothing too bad. I don't have ACV in their water at the moment.
Thank you!
I don't know if one will interact with the other.

Hi all

I've lost two of my four 3wk old chicks to suspected coccidiosis, one two nights ago and one last night. One of the remaining two is now pooping bloody stools. I've done a thorough clean and have started them on the Au equivalent of corid, I medicated their water and tried to give them a drop orally.

They didn't seem to mind lapping up the water off the eye dropper, but they didn't get much. Should I go again in a few hours??

I'm terrified we are going to lose another. :hit

Hi all

I've lost two of my four 3wk old chicks to suspected coccidiosis, one two nights ago and one last night. One of the remaining two is now pooping bloody stools. I've done a thorough clean and have started them on the Au equivalent of corid, I medicated their water and tried to give them a drop orally.

They didn't seem to mind lapping up the water off the eye dropper, but they didn't get much. Should I go again in a few hours??

I'm terrified we are going to lose another. :hit
Yes and make sure you are using the treatment dose. Keep giving them the medicine in the dropper until they start drinking the water. They should start looking better tomorrow.

Corid info for .012% level. Double the amounts for .024%.

Thank you for this. I have had chickens for over 40 years and honestly I have never delt with an outbreak of any kind. Then I started looking on this site and have developed some sort of hypochondria by proxy. I must keep this stuff on hand, but everywhere I looked it only said for calves. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom