Updated - Corid and Amprol (amprolium) Dosing

Because at two weeks they can have coccidiosis.
@casportpony update me chicks are nearing 48 hours on corid and I'm seeing improvement! Weighed all the girls today and the smalls that we're struggling gained 0.3 ounces just like the big girls (I'm taking that as a good sign). I have still witnessed some diarrhea, however some of the droppings are what I would consider normal as well ... This 'mix' is also an improvement since start of corid.

I'm holding off on administering meds for bacterial infection simply on account of the above improvements. Would love your opinion on this, do you think holding off is a bad idea?

Thanks so much for jumping oh this thread, I appreciate you!

If you're seeing improvement after 48 hours I think you're on the right track and I would probably hold off too.

My vet said to treat the water. Do not allow them any other access to any other water.
I will let you know how that goes.
Hi Kathy,

Here's a question, what do I do if I have four chickens in the coop now? Do I follow the same dosage for a gallon and keep replacing it and hope they all drink enough? My chickens in the coop are asymptomatic, but my vet said to treat them all since one chicken was tested for coccidosis. These guys are all about 10-11 months old.
Aid treat the water and let that be the only source.

Thank you. They all seem fine now, but poor Sweety is still having issues and inside and I am concerned!
Did you determine sweetie had wry neck rather than coccidosis? I have a 5 week old Polish who is struggling with balance and difficulty holding head up. I thought it was coco but just read about wry neck. Confused as to what remedy I should try. Did the vitamin treatment work for sweetie? Thanks for any help or info, this is a new one on me.

Gave the sickest one Corid by dropper as she want drinking, next morning had total turnaround! Wanted back with others and wasn't lethargic. She also no longer has bloody stool. Atm so happy because only way to get medicine around us is to take tho vet. Thought I was going to lose my whole flock! Luckily my husband works pretty far away and was able to get some. Amazing stuff! Thank you for asking about my girls
How much Corid (ml?) did you give in dropper orally? What percent solution?

How much Corid (ml?) did you give in dropper orally? What percent solution?
Corid Amprolium Oral Drench Instructions

Corid Amprolium Oral Drench Instructions

When treating a bird for coccidiosis one can give an oral drench in addition to their medicated water. Here are the instructions: 9.6% liquid - Do not dilute Give 0.1 ml per pound of body weight orally once or twice a day for 1-3 days. or 0.02 ml per 100 grams of body weight orally once or...

Back
Top Bottom