Updated - Corid and Amprol (amprolium) Dosing

Pics
you can buy a reverse osmosis system and add to your water line...before the water softener and that is more stabile in ph then regular bought distilled water but as for ppm (part per million) they are relatively the same....not sure if the ph of the water would make a difference in the performance of the wormers ...but if you want fresh drinking water these systems are the best and last forever and you rarely have to change the filters...im a vegetable farmer and I have grown in hydro (water) for almost ten years...and I have used these ro (reverse osmosis systems) for ten years...everything gets purified water...my dogs chickens, peafowl, plants...so I know what dissolved salts they are uptaking...now when I make this pond...I wont have control over the ds (dissolved salts) which means the waters ph will fluctuate...I believe you can buy ro systems at any homedepot menards lowes....but if not you can buy one from a hydroponics store for sure...I believe it cost 200 retail...I own my own hydro store so I can get it for wholesale...if you need an ro system....I can get it...its very easy to install..and works forever....for example of hard water...the lady from the hardware store says she replaces her coffee pot every six months because of all the salt that gets deposited on the glass...notice when your washing dishes and you let the water air dry and you have the spots those are from salts....I have used ro water in the coffee machine for almost five years since my move to Michigan almost five years ago and I still have the same coffee pot...still looks brand new...

note to add... I thought this was an interesting read for worms...this page is for pigeons tho....its a pdf file
http://www.nashandpigeons.com/duneks/books/maintenance3.pdf

edited to add that ro water is low compared to regular sink water....when tested ro water depend temp which can also change ph is around red to orange...and sink water when tested is green to blue...red/orange is 4-5 and green/blue 7-8ph...so maybe this has a factor in the uptake of the wormers...

Last edited:
Thanks Bman -- I used to have RO system and water softener both... now in dinky house with neither. But hope I can move in a year or so, and will for sure be installing both
smile.png

Hey you Corid experts (= @casportpony , and others as well!)...

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere and I missed it...but how long is the preventative dose effective?
If a pea may be exposed to a new pea group or environment, how long before this exposure should/can you administer the preventative dose of Corid?

Hey you Corid experts (= @casportpony , and others as well!)...

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere and I missed it...but how long is the preventative dose effective?
If a pea may be exposed to a new pea group or environment, how long before this exposure should/can you administer the preventative dose of Corid?

Just noticed this question.
hide.gif
I'm not really an expert, but when I lost chicks to cocci they got sick about 10 days after I put them on the ground, so I will now start preventative dosing at 1 week from exposure. I do not dose before exposure, I dose after exposure, but before symptoms appear.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long you must wait before eating eggs after treatment ?

TIA

I don't eat my eggs... not my peafowl eggs, anyway :-D
Not sure what the chicken people do... I've heard some throw them out, some feed dogs egg the eggs, some may eat them.
It depends on what meds you use

Back
Top Bottom