Updated - Corid and Amprol (amprolium) Dosing

Pics
Today is day 4 on the treatment of corid. I am doing 1.5 tsp. Because I had found blood in the stool of my three weeks old chicks. I have noticed that something is wrong with their buts. It's kind of infected.
What do I do now. Should I discontinue and give electrolytes and vitamins or antibiotics?

Today is day 4 on the treatment of corid. I am doing 1.5 tsp. Because I had found blood in the stool of my three weeks old chicks. I have noticed that something is wrong with their buts. It's kind of infected.
What do I do now. Should I discontinue and give electrolytes and vitamins or antibiotics?

Can you post pictures?

-Kathy

Can you post pictures?

-Kathy

All of those chicks died. I am not giving up. I have more that hatched after and a few more hatching. I have been giving corid and medicated feed. That has stopped them from dieing. The pasty butts I think might have been because of heat. I had them in a 6x3 brooder but they stayed within the heat. I added a thermometer and the heat was 95. So I changed the heat lamp to a regular light to make them move around, that also seems to have worked. My new babies have been better.

I have a bird I suspect has this, I do not have time to go thru all 46 pages, Are the dosings on the first couple of pages still valid? She is about 4 mos old but is extremely small for her age. Does not weigh the 2.2 lbs I am sure for the oral dosing. I thinking I could just cut that in half and be ok. She is eating and drinking just fine though. I want to treat with this just to rule it out I guess. I will ask elsewhere about symptoms to find out other things that might be wrong with her. I thought I would treat with the liquid and give her .1ml does that sound right?

I have a bird I suspect has this, I do not have time to go thru all 46 pages, Are the dosings on the first couple of pages still valid? She is about 4 mos old but is extremely small for her age. Does not weigh the 2.2 lbs I am sure for the oral dosing. I thinking I could just cut that in half and be ok. She is eating and drinking just fine though. I want to treat with this just to rule it out I guess. I will ask elsewhere about symptoms to find out other things that might be wrong with her. I thought I would treat with the liquid and give her .1ml does that sound right?

Do you have a scale that you can tell us the weight in grams?

I weighed her and she weighs just over a pound. I gave her half the oral dose of the 2.2lb listed on the 3rd page (i think). This bird has remained very small and there may be other things going on here, her poop is pretty much normal. I watched her eat and drink, then when I picked her up liquid came out of her mouth, and she regurgitated food yesterday. Any ideas on that?

I weighed her and she weighs just over a pound. I gave her half the oral dose of the 2.2lb listed on the 3rd page (i think). This bird has remained very small and there may be other things going on here, her poop is pretty much normal. I watched her eat and drink, then when I picked her up liquid came out of her mouth, and she regurgitated food yesterday. Any ideas on that?

In diluted liquid Corid (9.6%) dose is about 0.1 ml per pound once a day for 1-3 days. Give this in addition to the medicated water (2 teaspoons per gallon for five days). Day 6 use 1/2 teaspoon per gallon or 7-14 days.

-Kathy

Thank you for the responses.. I am still not convinced that this is what is wrong, but It can't hurt to rule it out. 

Can you take some poop to a vet to have it checked for coccidia, worm eggs, bacteria and yeast? Worming is also worth doing.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom