**updated** early hatch... 7 out!!!

mangled

Songster
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
The Wilds of Western PA
Today, as of 8PM, it's officially day 18.

I just cracked the bator to do my final candle and get the humidity up, and was surprised with FOUR pipped eggs.

I didn't candle, just took the turner out, layed them down, and got the lid back on with my wet clothes for humidity.

The humidity was 32% when I opened it. I've got both air holes open and the humidity is up to 77%. The windows are a bit fogged, LOL.

Now, will the pipped eggs be harmed by this low humidity? I'm hoping they'll be okay now that it's all jacked up.

I can hear them peeping, so I guess that's a good sign.
smile.png

Em

Last edited:
Oh, yes.... pics will come when they hatch.
smile.png

My husband laughs because there have been times when I have had more chicken pictures on the camera than the kids.

I tell him it's because I have a lot more chickens than I have kids, LOL.

Thanks-
Em

When I first got my bator, I had it sitting on the floor in the spare bedroom. I was sitting there candling the eggs, when all of a sudden I heard peeping. I told my dad, and he said if I could hear them, then they must have the shells broke. I checked and sure enough, I had 5 pips! My humidity was not as low as yours, but still pretty low, around 40-45%. I could not get mine to go up higher, so that is how they hatched. I had 13 eggs, 12 of which hatched, with the humidity at that level. Oh, and it was only day 18 for me too. By the end of day 19, all the eggs were hatched.

Well, 5 pips now.

No one is zipping yet.
sad.png
One is pipped very low on the shell, but it seems to be doing okay. I can see the beak, so it's getting air.

They're really starting to make a ruckus now.
big_smile.png

Looks like I won't be getting much sleep.

yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Em

7 pips!!!

I should never have put the incubator in the bedroom, LOL.

My husband is snoring away and I'm up peering into the incubator with a flashlight.
roll.png

barnie.gif

LOL.
Em

Back
Top Bottom