Updated pic of the Green cheek babies

TennesseeTruly

Songster
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Church Hill, TN
Its so hard to believe that the babies went from this.....

24335_20100207_10.jpg

To this.....

24335_20100217_5.jpg

To this...

24335_20100310_1.jpg

In just 8 short weeks. The babies are down to 2 feedings a day. Are eating solid foods on their own and will soon be cut down to one nightly feeding. Then they'll be on their way to new homes and new families and new adventures.

Laurie

Quote:
Well if you ever want to get started, PM me. I've been raising parrots for almost 30 years. I've raised everything from finches to Macaws.

These little Green cheek conures are one of the best because they stay small, they have the ability to speak, are relatively quiet, and are little cuddle bugs. Even their parents who are breeders still step up for me. The father is a bit nippy but the mother is still just as sweet as she was when she was a baby.

Laurie

That really is facinating. Actually I think they are the cutest in the ugly stage in the center picture. They are just darling while sleeping.

Well today the 4 oldest took their first flight! They were so hungry while I was mixing up their formula that they decided they weren't waiting any longer and they flew about 2 feet to me. The youngest cried his head off until my husband went and gave him a ride over to me.

Its so wonderful to watch them go from tiny helpless babies who can't see, no feathers, to flying beautiful babies!

Laurie

.. and all out of an egg about the size of a jelly bean ..

very cute!!

Back
Top Bottom